Chapter 7

3rd person

Four years had passed. Selene and Shirou were now twenty.

Shirou managed to sneak away from his lover. He was talking with a stall owner about something. He retrieved two items and gave the owner some money.

He looked down at what was supposed to be an engagement necklace and ring.

Yes, that's right, he was planning to propose to Selene.

But then it all went wrong.

* * *

Selene was playing with some children when she heard screams. When she looked back, she froze.

Chaos. Complete and utter chaos.

A human army flooded into Nirvasyl city as they began killing the beastmen who seemed to have gone crazy.

Selene ran through the humans and beastmen, trying to locate her lover. She didn't manage to find him in that mess.

Suddenly, she felt pain flare from her shoulder and screamed. She looked down and saw an arrow sticking out of it. The blood kept flowing out of the wound.

She took a deep, shaky breath before using her hands to yank the arrow out of her. She yelped and sat down as she panted.

She looked around and her eyes began to sting as she saw the carnage. There were bodies everywhere.

She got up and started running in the direction she felt Shirou's scent, before bumping into a human soldier.

She snarled and went to attack the soldier, but he was faster and punched her in the gut. She gasped as she lost her breath.

He took a sword and cut a horizontal line on her neck. Then he left her to die.

Selene felt awful. Her body hurt and her head was spinning because of blood loss. Her eyes started gradually shutting close.

After what seemed to be an eternity, which was really only a few moments, she felt herself being picked up. The familiar scent told her who it was. Her family.

They treated her and the next thing she knew, her family completed the undead ritual on her, and she turned into a wolf goddess.

She opened her heterochromanic eyes and looked down to see that she was in her new form. A full wolf form. Her fur was still a mix of white and black, but it glowed.

She remembered she lost her lover and she threw her head back, howling in grief.

But she refused to think he was dead. She was going to look for him.