Chapter 8

3rd person

Selene spent years looking for her lover. She was unsuccessful.

But she refused to give up.

She sat under a tree in her wolf form, sadly watching the moon and stars, remembering her times with Shirou.

She didn't care how long it took to find him. She was now immortal after all. But, Shirou wasn't. Or at least she thought he wasn't.

* * *

She made a mistake. Now they were after her.

Scientists. Looking to explore her powers as she was a beastman, but they didn't know she was a wolf goddess.

She looked back and growled faintly as she saw the scientists' sidekicks chasing after her.

They were determined to catch her, because they found out how powerful she was compared to other beastmen.

Then, she was cornered. She turned to them and snarled. A few flinched, but continued to close in on her.

She yelped as they chained her with chains made especially to hold her.

They took her to the scientists' lair, then chained her to a wall of a large room, large enough to hold her and still have plenty of space left.

When they left, she curled into herself and whimpered. 'I'm sorry, Shirou. I guess I won't be able to find you... At least I hope you're alive and living well.' She thought.

* * *

Time passed. She spent most of the time curled and chained. She was very violent when the scientists tried to take her blood or do tests on her, so in the end, they gained nothing from holding her.

Time passed again, and Selene spent it thinking about Shirou and their memories they made together. Their cuddles, their kisses, their love.

She was never going to get tired thinking about him, but she was sad she wouldn't be able to see him again.

Or at least, that's what she thought.