Chapter 20- Peacemaker

We had finally reached the United Nation harbor, where I could see Korra's tall figure from the docks.

I hid behind Iroh as he slowly made his way towards Korra.

"Thank you for seeing me, General Iroh." Korra immediately said.

I popped my head from beside Iroh's torso. "Hey."

"Oh my spirits," Korra shrieks. "You're here?!"

Iroh smirks at Korra. "What can I do?"

"The South needs military support before Unalaq wipes them out completely, but the President is refusing to give the order. So I decided to come to you directly."

Iroh places a hand on his chin. "I see. Well, suppose I were to take the fleet South on some routine training maneuvers. And let's say we were to accidentally run into a hostile Northern blockade."

I playfully rolled my eyes. Oh this man was a thinker.

"We'd have no choice but to defend ourselves, wouldn't we?" Iroh finishes.

A smile spreads across Korra's face. "I guess you wouldn't. Thank you."

"Swapping old war stories?" The President's voice interrupts as he enters the ship.

"Mr. President." Iroh salutes.

"I hope you're not planning to take any military action without an order from your commander in chief?"

Iroh begins to sweat a little. "Of course not, sir."

"Good," the president growls. "Because if a single vessel leaves this harbor without my say-so, you'll be court-martialed. Am I clear?"

Iroh's tone gets hard and cold. "Crystal, sir."

Raiko turns to Korra. "Your activities here are bordering on insurrection. The Avatar does not command the military of the Republic. Don't go behind my back again."

He then turns to Iroh and I. "As you were General Iroh. And good to see you back in Republic City, Fara." He then leaves the ship, with his guards close behind him.

"I hate that guy!" Korra growls.

"I'm sorry," Iroh apologizes. "My hands are officially tied."

"I understand." Korra sighs. "Thanks anyway."

Iroh beams. "But you should talk to the Fire Lord. My mother and grandfather have always been good friends to the Avatar and the Southern Water Tribe. I'm sure they'll be willing to help."

Korra smiles. "Thank you, General." She then nudges me. "Now I know why you like him so much."

"Yeah yeah," I swat my arm, hitting Korra.

I spin my gaze towards Iroh. "Well, I guess this is goodbye."

Iroh grabs my head as he squishing me in a hug, my hands go traveling behind his back as it makes it's way to his ass. I give him a small squeeze. "Call my dad and let him know I'm okay."

Iroh chuckles as he grabs my head with his hands and places numerous of kisses on my forehead. "I will."

I pout my lips. "I'll see you soon."

Korra lets out a gag. "Okay, guys we get it, you're in love, let's go."

Iroh and I freeze. Love? We've never told eachother we love one another. Wait, do I love Iroh? Wait, the most important thing, does Iroh love me? He better love me.

Korra observes my neck, then Iroh's. "Um. What is on your throat?"

I quickly cover my neck. "Haha. All right bye, Iroh." I quickly peck his lips.