1%

March 8th, 2008
(Y/N) POV:

The radio was playing "beat it" by Micheal Jackson as Me and mother cooked together. We were currently waiting for my best friend Jahseh and his mother Cleo to arrive at our house.

Me and Jahseh had been friends since we were babies. Cleo and My mother Allison have known each other since high school, they never left each others side. Both of our mothers had us 8 months apart, so, me and Jah got along very well because there wasn't much of an age gap.

I've always had a tiny crush on Jahseh..
He's so handsome, nobody could resist his pretty brown eyes or his cute smile. I'm not sure if he'd think of me the same way though.
I had told my mom about my crush on Jah. She says that "You're getting to the ages of puberty, 10 years old is a huge stage of your life and you'll start to think that everyone is cute". I kind of agree with her but i also am kind of concerned that Jahseh is the only on I have my mind on.

I was interrupted with my thoughts by my mother.. "(y/n) pass me the flour please"she said softly.
"yes ma'am" i responded.

i then grabbed the step stool because I'm very short and I have to go to the top of the cabinet in order to grab the flour.

After I gave my mother the flour, I sat back down.
A few minutes later, I heard Jahseh bust through the door aggressively.

"WASSUP COOKIE" he screamed "hi mrs. (y/ln) he then said softly.

Cookie was the nickname Jah gave me when we were 6, I loved cookies so he started calling me cookie. I always found it cute but yet annoying.

"Hi Jahseh" I said chuckling and walking up to hug him. "Hey SehSeh" My mom said afterwards while cooking still.

We were all quiet for about a minute until Cleo walked in with a boy i've never met before, he looked around me and Jahseh's age. He was looking down and i noticed the durag wrapped around his head tied to the front like a shoelace.

"hey guys!" Cleo said. "this is Jah's friend Stokeley, Don't be rude Jahseh introduce him to Allison and (y/n) next time." she said in a more stern manner. Afterwards, she walked over to me and my mother and hugged us both.

"You guys can go upstairs until the rest of the food is done" My mother said dismissing us. We all did so and went up to my room...