(Chapter 18) A Rest After A Sunset flight

(Hiccup's POV)

It was a calm sunset, the kind that made you feel like you were in a dream. The sky was filled with a warm orange glow and the clouds were painted with red, yellow and pink. It was the perfect time for a flight.

We took to the air on our dragons, Toothless and (D/n), enjoying the view as we soared above Berk. We watched as the sun sank beneath the horizon, leaving behind a trail of violet in its wake. It was beautiful—and it was ours alone.

My dragon's scales glimmered in the fading light as he flew around me in circles, his wings flapping gently against my face as he went by. My hair whipped around my face as we moved through the air together, laughing at how carefree we felt up there among all those stars above us.

"This is amazing!" I said happily as we continued our flight over Berk."I know," (Y/n) replied with a smile."I could stay up here forever," I said quietly, leaning back on my dragon's neck so that I could look up at all those stars above us."It seems like it sometimes," (Y/n) agreed quietly.

time skip (no ones POV)

Hiccup and Toothless landed after a flight over the ocean to admire the sunset. They decided to land on the beach so they could watch the stars come out.

Hiccup had his arm around (Y/n), who was sitting between him and Toothless. She leaned into Hiccup's chest, looking up at the sky with him.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" (Y/n) asked softly, her eyes shining in the moonlight.

"Yes," Hiccup replied softly. "It is."

They sat in silence for a while, just enjoying being together under the stars.

After a while, Toothless got up and walked down to where he could see their reflection in the water. He saw Hiccup and (Y/n) sitting together and stood there for a moment before taking off into the sky again with a roar that made them both look up at once with wide eyes before laughing at how ridiculous they must have looked getting startled by their own dragon flying away from them like that!

"I love you," said Hiccup, reaching out to hold (Y/n)'s hand.

"I love you too," said (Y/n), smiling.

Hiccup let go of (Y/n) and took a step back. He turned to Toothless and stroked his snout, then looked back at (Y/n).

''We better head back home,it's already getting dark.'' He said looking deep in her eyes.

''Yeah,we should. It would be dangerous to stay out here while we can barely see anything.''

on the way back home.

The stars glimmered like a thousand jewels as they shone down on the earth below.

Hiccup closed his eyes and listened to the sound of Toothless's steady breathing, his wings flapping as they flew through the sky. He could feel (Y/n)'s warm body against his back, her arms wrapped around him as she held onto him for dear life, trying to keep herself from falling off of Toothless' back.

It was late at night now and everyone had gone home for the night so it was just Hiccup and (Y/n) left in Berk.

Hiccup opened his eyes again when he felt something hit his shoulder gently. He looked down to see (Y/n) had fallen asleep,her head against his shoulder. He blushed slightly and looked at his dragon who was givving his famous toothless smile and (D/n) who wasn't that far behind the nightfury was also smilling then he turned back around so that he could look at (Y/n).

She looked beautiful tonight with her hair blowing gently in the wind as they flew through the air together like this; but then again she always looked beautiful to him no matter what she did or where they would go.

''Don't worry,my dear. We will be back home soon.'' Hiccup whispered softly against her ear as the couple and their dragons carried on with their way back home under the starwashed sky.