(Chapter 19) A New Day

-------------------- (Y/n)'s pov -----------------------

The sun was shining in my eyes and caused me to wake up. "Aw is it morning already?.." i said as i stretched. It took us a while last night to get bk to hiccup's house since we wont be leave for my island just yet.

I was looking around observing the room better and i noticed our dragons curled up together sound asleep. I awed seeing them like that but..little did i know that hiccup was awake next to me smiling.

"Morning sweetheart!" He said with excitment. I got scared and amost fell off the bed with how sudden that was.

"Good morning to you too love, you scared me half to death with that" i said.

Then we just both burst out laughing from it.

I gave him a kiss and we got up getting ready for the day. He went downstairs to start making breakfast while i was changing and going to have a quick shower. After i was done i walked downstairs to take his place for the food while he went to get ready himself too.

After a while i heard a loud repeating thud comming from the stairs. I turn around and see a smilling Toothless and (d/n) looking at me. Then both jump on me and start licking my face, i laughed trying to get them off of me. Eventualy i did, givving them some fish to eat as well.

After the food was done (imagine whatever breakfast u like) i placed them down on the table and just in time hiccup came downstairs ready for the day, then sat down opposite of me and we started eating our breakfast.

After we were all done we headed outside and i noticed some people i saw from before gathered with their dragons.

"Oh this is gonna be fun, im defently gonna beat all of u in this race again Stormfly is the fastest!"
Said who i recall is Astrid while patting her deadly nadder. "Nah im sure we will,
two heads better brains!" Says Tuffnut while highfiving Ruffnut. "Um,no i believe thats not how that works." Says Fishlegs looking at both of them with an unamused face. "No no no. You guys are all wrong, IM gonna win cuz im always the strongest and the best!" Says Snotlout smirking while on his monstrous nightmare.

We walked up to them saying waving and they waved back. "Well look who it is, its the dragon boy and his girlfriend." Astrid teased while the others smiled. We  both blushed looking away for a second but hiccup continiued. "What were you guys fighting over for? We heard u all yell who is the best and all that."

"Oh we were gonna remake the race we used to do back at old berk, you know.." Astrid explained.

"Ohh yeah i remember! Its been so long since we last had that race maybe we should bring this tradition to new berk too, im glad i made my father proud of it before he- .." Hiccup looked down with tears in his eyes. I held him close as our dragons curled around us cooing.

"Oh.. im sorry i didnt mean to bring that up." Said Astrid with a sad expression as well.

"Its ok, you know what. We will indeed being it back so everyone can enjoy it as much as we did." He smilled while looking at me.

"Sure Hiccup,sounds like fun. Ill try it for the first time too!" I said smilling back.

"Alright then lets go!" He said as we all got on our dragons and set off.

'Well,this is gonna be a new day for us..'