ᶠ ᵒ ᵘ ʳ ᵗ ʸ ⁻ ˢ ᵉ ᵛ ᵉ ⁿ

March 25th, 1986

March 25th, 1986

"YEAH, THAT'S NOT CREEPY," STEVE mumbled before handing Aven his spare hammer. "C'mon, let's get this over with."

The group had met back up with Robin and Nancy back at the Wheeler residence, crowding together in the basement to share their stories of the day. To say that everyone was amazing was an understatement, they had really done it. They had defied all odds and beaten Vecna like the little sucker he was. However, they knew it wasn't over. They couldn't save everyone.

So, the next morning, after Nancy pieced together some of Max's drawings, the group drove to the Creel house. It was boarded up, wood and cardboard tuck and nailed to the windows and walls of the old, crumbling mansion. It was terrifying - it looked like a haunted house from a horror movie. And yet, they still ventured inside.

"What exactly are we supposed to be looking for in this shithole?" Steve asked as him and Aven started yanking the nails out of either side of the boarded up door.

"Don't ask me, ask Nancy," Aven shrugged, nodding her head back to the girl behind her.

"We're not sure," the girl replied as she stepped closer to the duo by the door. "We just know this house is important to Vecna."

"Because Max saw it in Vecna's red, soup mind world?" Steve questioned with raised brows.

"Yeah, it's gotta mean something, right?" Aven suggested as she peeled the last nail off her side of the door.

"Great," Steve sighed.

"Maybe it holds a clue to where Vecna is? Why he's back? Why he killed the Creels? And how to stop him before he comes back for Max," Dustin brainstormed as he crossed his arms, shrugging as Aven turned around.

"Not bad, bud," the girl nodded as she pulled away from the door and lent her back against the wall beside it.

"We don't think he's in here, do we?" Lucas asked worriedly, staring up at the house he was currently standing beside.

"Guess we'll find out," Max muttered as she rocked from the heels to the balls of her feet.

"Wait, you said you were in a place that looked like the Upside Down before you got in that . . . soup place, right?" Aven asked Max as she pointed in her direction, the girl nodding in response. "Then would it be too much of a stretch to assume he's in the Upside Down too?"

"Did you see him, or hear a clock?" Nancy asked Aven as she held the idea in her whirling mind.

"No, but I wasn't really near the Creel house, which is where, according to Max, he was," Aven summarised, shrugging sadly as Nancy let out a sigh.

"That's a great idea and all, but could you please help me drop this," Steve asked with his back pressed against the huge board on the door, holding it up as he offered the girl a forced smile.