ᶠ ⁱ ᶠ ᵗ ʸ ⁻ ᵗ ʷ ᵒ

March 26th, 1986

March 26th, 1986

EDDIE TOLD THEM ABOUT WAR Zone. They needed a place to get weapons and other harmful devices without being seen as suspicious, so that was the place Eddie advised them to go. By stealing a campervan from a local couple, they drove to the downtown destination in hopes of finding something to end their ties with the Upside Down once and for all.

"Head down," Steve mumbled as they passed a group of people, lightly pushing the girl's head lower to keep her identity a secret. Steve had refused to leave Aven's side as soon as they entered the beyond crowded store, immediately tensing up once his eyes landed on the hundreds of townsfolk. The shop would erupt into chaos if they found Aven Hargrove - the girl presumed dead - in the middle of a gun shop. It would never end well.

"Why are there so many people here? This is disturbing . . ." Aven muttered to her boyfriend as they walked around the outskirts of the shop, trying to steer clear of the big gatherings of people.

"I know, and the things here, like, I mean-" he picked up the end of a Krummlauf gun "-to stick on the end of your gun, helping you shoot down your enemies from around the corner. How dumb is this?"

She laughed as he held the flimsy, bent rubber-tube up and waved it around, watching it wobble around in the air.

"Looks more like a wrench if anything," she giggled. Steve scoffed before putting it back on the shelf.

"I mean, other than saving the world, why would you need this stuff? Maybe these guys are gonna replace Vecna, or Henry, or whatever his name is," he whispered as they resumed their walking, getting further and further away from the store's exit.

"Well, they do think a serial killer is on the loose, so now would be the time if any to get something like this. But still, I didn't realise it would be so busy." Interrupting the pair's conversation, a girl pushed in-between them and ran off, sprinting down the almost empty, narrow aisle in hopes of getting out. It was Robin Buckley.

"I'll get her," Steve mumbled with a groan before turning and chasing after the girl. Aven sighed as she watched the pair run off, one calling out to the other, until she got pulled backward. Someone had pulled on the back of her jacket and pushed her against the wall, the girl letting out a gasp as the mystery boy punched his hands into the shelving on either side of her face.

"How- are you . . . alive?" The boy in the green jacket seethed, inching closer to her face as his eyes wildly darted around her features. Her death was famous in the town of Hawkins, especially in the High School which the boy in front of her attended. The death of the Hargrove Twins, 1985 - killed in a tragic mall fire along with Chief Jim Hopper. No one heard the end of it, so it was only a matter of time before someone caught sight of the thought-to-be deceased girl.

"I- I'm sorry, you must have me confused. Who are you?" Aven asked with bewilderment, gulping down her fear as she pushed away the lurking recollections. In her head, she was preparing for the smack, tilting her head away from the boy out of pure instinct. She knew it wouldn't happen, but she couldn't help it - it was all because of her dad.