ᶠ ᵒ ᵘ ʳ ᵗ ʸ ⁻ ᵉ ⁱ ᵍ ʰ ᵗ

March 25th, 1986

March 25th, 1986

AVEN WAS ON THE GROUND, tears pooling in her eyes as her shaky hands raised to her mouth. She was sobbing.

"Aven! Aven, what happened?" Steve asked as his hands found her shoulders, lightly shaking the girl as her lips parted in a tremble. He was kneeling before her, watching as Aven struggled to find the words to explain the horrific and traumatising sight.

"There was a guy and he- his legs were- his-" she tried but became a stuttering mess, her breathing hitching in her throat as her eyes darted around the dark room and the people inside of it with pure fear. Steve swallowed, forehead wrinkling with sympathy as his thoughts ran wild. He knew what she saw - Vecna had claimed another victim. Instantly, he pulled her into a comforting hug.

"Did his eyes, by any chance, get-" Robin began as Aven buried her head into Steve's shirt.

"Robin?" He cut off with annoyance from over the crumbling girl's shoulder.

"Right, yep. Shutting up," Robin nodded as she took a step back, sharing a nervous glance with Nancy as the others watched on worriedly. They all thought of one person - Will Byers.

Eventually, they made their way out of the haunting house and towards Nancy's car.

"So, where did you say he was?" The girl asked from the driver's seat, her eyes locking onto Aven's from her seat in the very back of the car. Her, Steve and Dustin had had the pleasant opportunity of being stuck in the boot of the car, legs tangled together as the boy's ate snacks and Aven went over what she'd virtually witnessed.

"I don't know, near water? There were two other guys there if that helps," Aven recounted with furrowed brows, picking at the edge of her clothing as the boys beside her pulled out a tube of Pringles. "Actually, it did look quite like a lake."

Robin and Nancy shared a look. "Eddie."

The car sped up, causing Aven to fall back into Steve. Thankfully, he caught her with a surprised gasp.

"Hey, don't knock my girlfriend around!" He shouted up to the girl's in the front, before suddenly falling silent. "We are still together, right?"

"If that's alright with you. There isn't anyone else I would rather be with," Aven smiled before resting her head against his shoulder.

"Oh, shut up," Dusti mumbled through his mouth full of chips, kicking them both in the legs with annoyance.

"Wait, did you say Eddie? As in Eddie Munson?" Aven asked the pair up the front, taking her head off Steve's shoulder as he kicked Dustin back.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" Nancy asked as Robin turned around with confusion.

"Was everyone this self-centred at school? He was in the year below us all. Even I knew that, and I was only there for a year." She waited for a response - any response - but none came. "Oh my god."