chapter 11: head over heels

so, now we are in present days. It's september 1986. My first year away from highschool. Nancy has gone off for college and steve robin and i are working at 'family video'.

Funny story actually, my first kiss with Steve happend during closing time.
we both had evening shifts so we had to close together at 11pm. I remember us putting away the videos people had returned that day. We were done and had about ten minutes left untill closing time, we sat on the counter talking about random shit like we always do.

When all of a sudden the loudest thunder ever made me piss my pants and fall back behind the counter. Steve was laughing his ass off, he sat next to me behind the counter. "Well if you decided to fly over here i'l join u."
i yawned, that made steve yawn too. "Cmon man, you're making me tired." I turned to him smiling, "why not just sleep here?" He looked at me and laughed. "Yeah why not." Without even thinking about it he layed against me. I was to scared to move, so i just did the same. He smirked "who would've thought Munson, who would've thought."

I sit back up, he does too. "Steve" i look at him, staring him up and down. He does the same, we kept getting closer and closer together untill our lips almost touched. we laughed, yeah steve harrington would never kiss me.

He looked back at me, "screw it." he looked at my lips, and asked by noding his head. I smiled, letting him know it was mutual. His hand was on my cheek when our lips touched. I remember the song that was playing on the tiny red radio we had on the counter when it happened.

𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘴
𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴