~~Let me in~~

Overthinking isn't good for my health but I guess old habits die hard. I was walking down the main street of the colony. The snow had melted and the street light which resembled Popsicles were now standing tall with no use.

I couldn't help but admire every house I passed as each one had its own unique architecture, though I'd love to see every garden in this neighbourhood since many people here love gardening. My house stood at the very end of the lane and probably it was taken as a haunted house by the kids in this neighbourhood before our arrival as it remained vacant.

To my luck the gate was locked so I had to ring the doorbell. The bell had a speaker and a microphone built in as well as a camera but whoever answered the bell asked me who I was, how idiotic could someone be? Couldn't they see my face?

But I wasn't stupid to not recognise the voice, it was Jared also known as my older brother. I could recognise him anywhere with his heavy German accent. "As if you can't see me. Jared open the door, I know it's you."

"Say please.." He was getting on my nerves now, I restrained myself from cursing at him.

"Why didn't you miss your flight? My life would've been easier" I could hear him crunching on something and I was getting really mad since my book bag was really heavy.

"Why don't you take a few steps back!" There he goes ordering me around.

"Why?" I wouldn't comply unless he'd give me solid reason.

"Now...now, won't you obey?" I sense the sly smirk on his face. I stomped and stepped back, oh I couldn't hold my ground.

"Don't you look lovely in that uniform" I could smell the sarcasm that dripped down his words, he knew that I liked dressing up. Well that was the only thing that made school a bit exciting but now I didn't even have that something to look forward to.

"You could have done that once I entered the house" I advised. I was trying to keep my cool and not lose my head in the midst of his game.

"Who said that you're coming in?" He just crossed the limit and my anger just flared to its peak.

"Jared, I have a phone on me and you may want think twice about the possibilities" I threatened. He didn't have to know that I didn't have network.

"Who are you going to call? Papa's in a meeting and you wouldn't want to disturb him. Isn't that true daddy's girl? And mum's visiting the neighbours, so what are you going to do? Plus your SIM card won't work here so no network and papa wouldn't have given you a new one as he forgot to buy one for himself." Man he knew every single detail about my situation.

"Why can't the SIM cards be on roaming here?" I questioned.

"Security purposes for entering the territory"

"Oh. Now can you let me in?" I really needed to get since it would be really awkward to stand here all day.

"Nah" he shrugged it off as it was no big deal. Now I really wished that his luggage would've been exchanged at the airport so he would have taken ages to come here. Jared's had arrived today from Germany since he had some work with the law firm he owns in Germany. He's a full time working 26 year old lawyer yet he acts like a child.

"I'll go and tell mum" I hope this threat works.

"Which house are you planning on checking first? Do let me know so I can ring them up and hear a bit of your awkward situation." He's so bad....

"Why are you doing this?" His act is so despicable.

"Well, who told me to pack summer wear?" How could I forget that!!

"Err..yeah.." I hesitated.

"Then you must also acknowledge the feeling of winter"

"I was already out the whole morning, what's there to acknowledge now? Haven't you forgotten and forgiven?"

"I don't do forgive and forget. And I've waited a whole day so I could take revenge." He laughed like an evil devil and I knew I was stuck. I knew that Jared had no evil scheme for revenge but he was merely teasing me and irritating me.

"Oh please lower your volume. And for a fact I know that you aren't so evil but you just want to entertain yourself isn't it?"

"You know me so well, my dear little sister. But since I love you, I'll give you..." He exaggerated but I made the mistake of keeping my hopes high. I am sure the servants were dead in there so I could only comply to Jared's orders.

"Another way to enter this place." There goes my heart shattering like glass.

"What is it?" I enquired.

"You see our neighbours"

"Yeah, what about them?" I questioned.

"They have a backyard door which leads to our backyard, so why don't you try there?" He's such an imbecile. I was new here and already needed help to get into my own house. My life is messed up. I could go and find mum but that would be going around the whole colony since I don't know at whose house she is.

"Okay" I huffed. Since my bag was heavy I threw it over the gate.

"Jared, do take my bag inside. That's the least you could so" I requested.

"Honey, I don't carry wet bags from the waterfall" he criticised and I realised that my aim was too good to be beneficial for me.

"Get one of the servants to do that, please" I literally begged.

"Okay" finally he agreed to something as I stepped to leave.

"Laura" I paused as Jared called for me.

"Hmm" I spun around.

"You didn't ask which one." I am the stupid one here for sure..