04 | The Bishop

══𖣯 ♝ 𖣯══

══𖣯 ♝ 𖣯══

"Yoo Insu's incredible journey started 10 years ago. Terrorists attacked the Nami island and around sixty people of a village. By the time the army arrived...they found only Yoo and his alive. The whole country admires him. The guy lost everything, yet he said...'Guns won't fix anything. Love will.'  First won hearts and then... elections. Within 8 years, he became a Minister." Jin says, serving Yoongi dinner.

"What do we know his daughter?" Yoongi asks, munching on a raw carrot.

"Her name is Bona. Age 14. Kim Nina taught her chess for 2 years." Jin informs.

"What else?" Yoongi asks and Jin rolls his eyes.

"There's nothing else! It's an open and shut case. Nina slipped. Fell down the stairs. Head hit the floor. That's it. Died on the spot. There were four eyewitnesses."

"People who were employed by Yoo.." Yoongi says, shrugging.

"Let it go, man!" Jin sighs, "The kid's messing with your mind."

"Did Bona see anything?"

"No." Jin says, stuffing Yoongi's mouth to keep it shut. "She was in her room. Packing her chess board."

Yoongi stills. But she was at home.

...

"Did you tell the Minister...that I'm here about an investigation?"

"Please hold." The receptionist says on call and looks at Yoongi, "I told you that your message has been conveyed. Please wait, you'll be called."

Yoongi pokes his tongue on the inside of his cheek, slightly annoyed with the delay. If what Taehyung is saying is true then there's more to the case that has been closed.

"Good morning. The Minister is waiting for you." The receptionist says when two police officers which Yoongi immediately recognises as his seniors walk in.

"Sir!" he salutes them, his heart already picking up in pace. They give him a sceptical look before they thank the staff and walk inside. Yoongi contemplates on whether today is the day he should continue on his task or if he should come back some other day.

"Mr Min. You've been called inside."

Fuck, too late.

When he walks in, his seniors are already sitting in front of Yoo Insu. Yoo isn't very old, just in his forties but looks younger. His moustache is too small, almost looks fake.

"Min Yoongi." Yoo addresses, "I was just telling your chief...to put you back on duty."

Yoongi looks at Chief Song who glares at him.

"The terrorist you killed  - Gu-san..He's the guy who had killed my whole family. Wiped out my village." Yoo smiles, as if he's thanking Yoongi for doing what he did. "How can I help?"

Yoongi stays silent, not sure if he should bring it up in front of his chief.

"What's wrong? You had something to ask, right? Don't hesitate." Yoo insists.

Yoongi clears his throat, glancing at his chief. "I wanted to ask how Kim Nina down your stairs."

Yoo raises an eyebrow and looks at Chief Song, "Officer, this file is closed, isn't it?"

"Yes, sir. The file is closed." The chief says.

"Don't worry, sir. I'll take care of it." The other officer replies.

"It's okay. It's alright." Yoo says, looking back at Yoongi. "Mr Min, Fate has been unfair to Mr Kim. First, the fanatics burned down his childhood house. Then, in a car accident, he lost his parents...and both his legs. Last year, his sister fell down the stairs... Anyone in his situation can lose mental balance."

Yoongi grips the arm of the chair tightly and Yoo's gaze momentarily falls on the movement before he continues but this time staring right into Yoongi's eyes. "You're his friend, aren't you? Take care of him. And of yourself too. And if you need any help, feel free to come to me. I'd be glad to help."

The minister stands up, bringing his hand out for a handshake to the chiefs and then Yoongi. When Yoongi grips his arm, he makes sure the hold is strong.

"You used to weave wool, right?"

"For decades." Yoo replies.

"That's delicate work." Yoongi nods, still not letting go of the hand.

"Yes." The minister replies, alarmed.

"For a weaver, your grip is strong." Yoongi says and he knows his chiefs want to drag him out of here. Yoo tightens his hold as well, "I play tennis. If you get time off from Mr Kim and chess... do join me. We'll play and you'll know."

It is as soon as Yoongi walks out of the room and outside the office, he's withheld by his chiefs. "What do you think of yourself?"

"Sorry, sir." Yoongi says, looking down at his shoes.

"You're suspended," the Chief reminds him, "If such antics are repeated..." He looks at the other officer and says, "Arrest him."

Yoongi exhales.

"Understand?"

He nods.

"Understand?"

"Yes, sir."

And when out of habit he drives back home, all he misses is the warmth of his love, the one who he loves and he loved, no, still loves, wherever she might be.

══𖣯 ♝ 𖣯══