VII : God

After that faithful encounter with the Morningstars, the discovery of Esther's existence in the land of the living and the revelation of Nik having an older daughter, the Mikaelsons gathered on their living room

"Was it her, sister? Was that blonde girl with Esther my daughter? Was the teen boys Kaden and Damien?" Rebekah asked Freya, unshed tears glistening in her eyes.

She's grown desperate, holding onto that slim chance that the children who were burned in that fire weren't her daughter and nephews. And Rebekah isn't the only one. Elijah is as desperate as her.

"Yes sister. I can feel their power. It was the same as my niece and nephews. And we met Klaus' first born." Gasps were heard before complete silence wrapped around the room. No one dared to move or say anything. They're still processing what they learned.

The silence was broken when Marcel and Nadia entered the living room. After seeing their reactions, Marcel and Nadia understood what happened.

"I see. You finally met them." Marcel said nodding his head. All eyes snapped towards his direction.

Klaus pinned him on the wall, choking him with one hand while the other hand was buried on his chest, gripping his heart. "YOU KNEW!" he roared angrily.

"Niklaus let go of him. He will have a lot of explaining to do and he won't be able to do that if he's dead." Elijah said as calm as he can. He too wanted to kill Marcel for keeping this from him. But above all, he's thankful that his son is alive. He'd be able to see him, hug him and be the father that he was supposed to be. He had another chance and he won't let it slip away.

Klaus let go of Marcel and Nadia immediately went on her husband's side to help him. Freya calmed everyone down before telling them to sit comfortably.

"Talk, Marcellus. Talk before I change my mind and rip your heart out of your chest." Klaus growled.

Marcel took a deep breath and sighed. "I was sworn to secrecy. But even though I wasn't, I have no plan to tell you about them. And don't you dare blame me because it was their decision to run away. It was their choice to leave. And it isn't my story to tell."

His answer fueled the rage of four murderous originals. They were about to attack Marcel when a knock on the door interrupted them. Kol held Marcel by the throat while Rebekah is restraining Nadia while Klaus and Elijah went to open the door. A dark skinned man smiled at them.

"Good evening Mikaelsons. I believe you would like some explanations?"

"My apologies but we don't know you, sir." Elijah said.

"You do. You just haven't realized it yet." The man smiled. "I am Lucia's father. May I come in?"

Klaus and Elijah was about to say no but Freya beats them into it and invited the old man inside. He thanked her politely and now everyone is staring at this strange man in their living room.

"You must be Niklaus Mikaelson. It's a pleasure to meet you." He held his hand out for a handshake.

Klaus hesitated before Elijah nudged him to take his hand. Klaus gave the old man's hand a shake and was about to pull away when he felt he couldn't. The old man's grip tightened, squeezing his hand without breaking eye contact. He felt strange, nauseous, dizzy and hot...very hot. The other people in the living room furrowed their brows. Then an unexpected thing happened.

Niklaus Mikaelson exploded.

This caused the women to scream but then in a blink of an eye, Niklaus' body came back to normal. The old man then let go of his hand. They looked at him in bewilderment.

"What the bloody hell!?" Rebekah shrieked.

"Did you just blow up my brother?!" Kol roared.

"Relax. As you can see I put him back together."  He smiled kindly at them.

"If you are Lucia's father then it means you're --" Marcel's word was cut off by the old man as the other people's jaw hit the floor.

"Yes, Marcellus. I am God. Now, I know you have a lot of questions about how your children are alive and how Niklaus Mikaelson had a daughter older than Hope. I am afraid I cannot say anything. But I can show you."

All of a sudden they were transported into a white room with four doors. Each had different colors. One was blood red covered in rubies, the others are black covered in onyx, blue covered in sapphires and gold covered in topaz.

"Those doors will lead you to the things that you must know." God's voice echoed but he was nowhere to be found.

"Where did he go?" Elijah asked.

"Heaven?" Kol answered which made Davina smack her husband's head.

"Before we go, tell me Marcel. How did you get the ring?" Rebekah asked.

"I didn't lie Rebekah. There was a fire and two boys and a girl died. The ring was on the girl's hand already when I arrived. But I wasn't the only one who arrived at the place. There was a girl with curly hair and dark skin. She called herself Gabriel, the messenger. She told me to tell you what happened in that place. She also told me that the kids are safe, that they're waiting for my response in their message. The vampires caught their scent in that place but it was faint. You're the ones who assumed that the bodies were theirs." Marcel explained.

"Why would you do this to me? To us?" Rebekah asked, hurt evident in her expression.

"And then what? You'll take them back? Punish them from running away? Abuse them for Hope's entertainment? Neglect them? Did you know what mother Lucia told me the first time I visited them? They were willing to call her, a stranger, Moma. All she did was hug them and they wanted to call her Moma. That's how thirsty they were for love. Your vow always and forever doesn't seem to apply to them so I didn't object when they decided to stay with the people that can give them love." Marcel said. There's no point sugarcoating the facts. He's sure they'll know either way.

Hope was silent. She was starting to get furious. If they didn't run away then maybe everyone's attention would still be on her. And a sister? She have an older sister, and her older sister is the granddaughter of GOD. It means her sister isn't only a witch,vampire and werewolf. She's also an angel. It means her older sister is stronger than her and she doesn't like that one bit.

Then and there, Hope swore she'll do everything to make sure she gets her family's attention back.