Recalling the past

"You said you still have an object that belonged to your friend, am i correct?" The shogun asked. "Yes, i have his vision." Kazuha responded as he showed her the vision. "May i?" The shogun asked Kazuha for permission to hold the vision. Kazuha nodded and the shogun gently grabbed the vision. "You see, there is a possibility i can revive him if i transfer his soul into this vision." The shogun explained. "Life is a constant thing, it is eternal. Even after the soul has left the body, their spirit will live on or cross over." She followed. The shogun told Kazuha to take a few steps back in case it might get dangerous.  He did as she said and took a few steps back. Then, the shogun activated her powers and focused as much of it on the empty vision. After a few seconds, the vision started glowing purple, but that's all it did. The shogun stopped using her powers because she assumed it was done, but the only thing that had changed was that the vision was now continuously glowing. "I only have a small fragment of my powers left, so it might take a while before your spirit friend can take a physical form." The shogun said as she handed the vision back to Kazuha. 

Even though he didn't get Tomo back right away, he was happy that the vision that once belonged to his friend, shone brightly like it used to back in the day. Kazuha thanked the shogun and went back to the inn he came from. When he arrived at his room, he carefully laid down the vision and washed up before going to bed. His talk with the shogun had taken longer then he had expected. He couldn't shake the feeling that when the shogun tried to revive Tomo, she seemed to have this unreadable look on her face. Maybe it was guilt, or maybe... it was that she understood his pain. While Kazuha had started his journey on trying to find out more about Tomo's vision, he never once showed the pain he felt deep inside his heart. Not only did he lose his best friend, he also lost the love of his life.

 That's right, Kazuha has had a crush on Tomo for years now. But Tomo never seemed to be the romantic type. There were allot of girls after him, but he rejected them all, one after the other. Kazuha always felt relieved that Tomo didn't accept any of their confessions, but it also made him cower. He felt like he could never tell Tomo about the feelings he had for him, so he buried them far down so no one would ever know. But now that he was sitting in front of the shining vision, it's like he started seeing a vague apparition of Tomo. tears started to roll off of Kazuha's face as the figure looked him in the eyes. The figure walked over to him and was about to put it's hand on Kazuha's head, when Kazuha quickly hid under the covers. He was scared that if the figure touched him, it would disappear. Not once did Kazuha look at the figure again. He just buried his face into his pillow and fell asleep as the tears still streamed down his face.