𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

- CHRIS

brielle asked me to be her partner. i repeat, she asked me. she could've had her pick at anyone in the class but she chose me. when we talked yesterday, it was like butterflies galore. everything she did made my heart flutter, but it also reminded me of what will never be.

you know that feeling of wanting something you can't have? you keep going back and only getting half, even though you want the whole thing. it's like a drug and you get addicted so quickly. you try to stop, but you can't. the ache pulls you towards it again. the thrill just makes you feel so good.

that's how i felt. we hadn't been talking for long, but it has always been that way. ever since i saw her for the first time in kindergarten. i had fallen while running across the playground because my shoes were untied. at the time, i didn't know how. i scraped my knee really bad and i was bawling my eyes out. everyone watched, but not brielle bender.

she walked over to me and walked with me all the way to the nurse's office. she talked to me about the most random things to take my mind off the pain and she held my hand while the nurse cleaned my cut. when we got back outside, she tied my shoes for me and taught me how. she had a special way of tying her shoes, and ever since that day, i always tied my shoes like that.

ever since that day i've liked her. loved her maybe. she was so caring. how'd she even know what to do? we were 6? that was just brielle. she was a special kind of girl. now that we were older and weren't kids anymore, it was safe to say she was my kind of woman.

i smiled to myself as i recalled the memory before my phone buzzed. it was a text from brielle. i hadn't texted her since she gave me her number. i didn't know what to say.

★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★

[ IMESSAGE CHAT ]
chris [ christopher sturniolo 😎 ]
brielle [ brielle bender 🤭 ]

brielle bender 🤭

i gave you my phone number and you didn't text
me????

christopher sturniolo 😎

I didn't know what to say

brielle bender 🤭

'hi', might've worked

christopher sturniolo 😎

I guess so but I thought you only gave it to me for the
project

brielle bender 🤭

i gave it to you because i was tired of talking on instagram dm

christopher sturniolo 😎

Oh right..

brielle bender 🤭

speaking of the project, do you want to work on it today?