𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

- CHRIS

two and a half years. that's how long brielle and i have been together. we've been together for so long that sometimes i forget what it was like when we weren't. but then i remember how i was stuck on her for 12 years.

only 9 and a half more years until we're even!

it was christmas time and of course, we were back in somerville. and by we, i mean nick, matt, deliah, ross, brielle, and i. it was a packed house, but it was a house packed with love. this was the first christmas day that brielle would be spending together but i wanted to make the entire week back home special too.

i had started the week off well. i took her to all our favorite spots, ice skating in boston, and i even took her to the fields. we played soccer like we used to and reminisced on our tragic days. it made me realize how far we've come.

but now that it was christmas eve, brielle wasn't even speaking to me. she didn't ruin the christmas mood for the rest of the house though. a smile was always on her face and she acted like her and i were perfectly fine. if i wasn't the one she was mad at, she definitely could've fooled me.

matt and nick brought up how we were going to be in the uk for a tour and then we were going to hang out there for a little to do some collabs. a little being a month or two. bad thing about that was i hadn't told her. i was going to but i didn't want to ruin christmas for her.

i had done that anyway.

brielle was still in college and now that it was her sophomore year, it was becoming harder and harder for us to consistently spend time together. of course, we were close by, but she was always working on school, her business, her podcast, or other working things. i was working on the channel and my own business. our schedules would clash and now even more so that there would be a huge pond between us.

we hadn't been talking for the past two and i didn't know how to fix it. all i wanted to do was talk to her but she said she wasn't in the mood to ruin christmas.

brielle was in the kitchen preparing foods for tomorrow's dinner with my mom. i always loved to see my mom and brielle together because it was such a heartwarming sight. brielle just fit in perfectly with my family. she must've said something funny because her and my mom were now laughing. it placed a smile on my face.

my mom noticed me standing at the doorway and her eyes widened as if she had realized something. "oh brielle!" my mom exclaimed as she threw a hand up in the air. "i forgot to get the canned cranberry sauce at the store yesterday!" my mom frowned. "do you think you and chris could go pick some up real quick?"

"oh yeah of course," brielle responded, not even hesitating with her response. "is there a specific brand you want?" brielle's eyes locked with mine and i could tell her looking at me was making her sad. looking at her sad made me sad.

my mom shook her head. "whatever you can find on such short notice will be just fine." 

"okay, no problem." brielle looked away from me and walked over to the sink to wash her hands. she turned to my mom and smiled. "i'll buy us that peppermint hot chocolate so we can try."

"great!" my mom clapped her hands and kissed brielle's head. she grabbed a paper towel off the roll and handed it to brielle. "now hurry before the stores close!"

"will do!" brielle quickly dried her hands and threw the paper towel in the trash. she turned to walk my way and my mom winked at me. i knew that she knew. moms always do. brielle sped walked towards me and grabbed my arm to drag me with her. "come on chris! you had all that time to put your shoes on!"

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐌𝐄 ( 𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐎 ) 🎉