𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

"what color did you and delilah settle on?" chris questioned as he looked over at his brother sitting next to him. delilah, brielle, and madi were off looking for dresses in the store they were sitting in. nick went to go buy them auntie annie's pretzels because they had already been there for 2 hours.

"she wants either a pink or black dress. she'll look good in anything but she's insisting on finding the perfect one. either way i'm wearing a black suit with a pink button up," matt replied as he leaned his back on the wall behind them.

"cut out the corny shit," chris laughed and shook his head.

"act like that wasn't you and alex," matt raised his eyebrows and gave him a look. "speaking of, have you talked to her recently?"

chris looked away from his brother. "not since the party."

"what!" matt exclaimed as he leaned forward with a surprised look on his face.

"we've just been avoiding each other so she's been avoiding the whole friend group too," chris lifted his hat up and ran a hand through his hair. "i feel bad."

matt nodded in agreement. "you never told me who ended stuff with who though"

"she ended it with me," chris replied as he placed his hat back on his head with his face turning red.

a teasing smile appeared on matt's face. "are you serious?"

"yes," chris grunted as he brought his lips into a straight line. matt grabbed his chest and busted out laughed. "it's not funny."

"dude yes it is! you were supposed to end stuff with her before the party! then she ended up doing it to you!" matt was going hysterical in the dress shop. people nearby were turning to look at the two of them.

"i didn't do it before because i wanted to see if i could like her. she realized i wasn't feeling it and ended it. she did the hard part for me honestly," chris replied as he crossed his arms.

"she realized you were totally jealous of brielle and ross," matt chuckled as he shook his head at his brother. "you have got to be better at hiding your feelings."

chris huffed and leaned his head on the wall as he shut his eyes. "how do you do that when the girl you've been in love with forever is cuddling up with another guy? especially when she belongs with you."

matt put his hands up in the air and jokingly backed away. "woah there big guy. she belongs with you? you didn't talk until this year."

"shut up," chris huffed and rubbed a hand over his face. "she just would look her best with me."

matt hummed and nodded his head. "why don't you tell her that?"

chris opened his eyes and looked at his brother with an 'are you serious' look. "yeah let me call fucking elon musk while i'm at it."

"dude just fucking tell her and get your closure. she actually might like you back and if she doesn't, at least you know to stop wasting your time." matt ran a hand through his head as he fought to convince his brother to grow a pair.

chris sighed. "how was it so easy with delilah?" a smile immediately appeared on matt's face.

"just cause we talked. we told each other our intentions early," matt replied with a shrug and a grin. "plus brielle gave me pointer."

"brielle doesn't even want to talk to me. i missed my chance for that already." chris looked down at his shoes. he wished he was more open with her to begin with. "and she says she's not with ross but i don't believe it for a second."

matt furrowed his brows. "it looks platonic to me. it's like us with madi and alahna. you just think everything with another guy is romantic because you like her."

"like who?" nick questioned as he walked into the shop with the auntie annie's. he looked between his two brothers and smiled. "oh chris with brielle."

"how'd you know?" chris asked as he narrowed his eyes at his older brother.

"by the way you blushed when i answered the question." nick handed matt and chris their orders and sat on the other side of chris. "now tell me more about this brielle-"

"what about brielle?" madi asked as her, delilah, and brielle walked into view. chris began blushing profusely.

"nothing," chris quickly said as he looked away from madi and over to brielle. he suddenly found it hard to breathe.

"you three look so fucking good!" nick exclaimed as he stood up from his spot on the chair. he walked over to the three girls and began examining them closely.

"i think this might be your dress," matt told delilah with a grin as he stood up and walked towards her as well.

chris was rooted to his spot, staring at brielle. she was wearing a brown dress that reached her ankles, with an open back. she was smiling at matt and delilah's interaction and in that moment, chris could not take his eyes off her.

"stunning," chris whispered under his breath. he didn't mean for it to come out of his mouth, but it did and he was sure brielle heard. brielle's smile slowly faded as she looked over at chris. their eyes locked and suddenly they were in their own world.

chris thought about what it would be like if he was going to prom with brielle. he would be able to openly compliment her. kiss her maybe. the whole thing was so dramatic. chris was sure that if the moment was filmed, it would be made into an edit with the lana del rey song, yes to heaven.

suddenly, a smug look appeared on brielle's face. she turned away from chris and went to the mirror. "do you think reece would cry if he say me now?"

"oh bitch he would sob," nick told her with a giggle, making everyone else laugh. even chris.

"maybe you should post a picture. act like you're going with someone and see how sick he gets," delilah said as she interlaced her fingers with matt's.

madi snapped her fingers and pointed at delilah. "that's such a good idea."

brielle smirked as she turned around to face the mirror again. chris could've sworn he saw brielle staring at him from the reflection. "i think i might do that."

brielle didn't break eye contact with chris through the mirror. it was tension that could be cut with a knife but the only person who noticed it was nick. he smiled to himself as he saw the little moment going on.

nick decided to make it his mission to find out if brielle liked chris. once and for all.

★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★

christophersturniolo's instagram story!

★・・・・・・★

2 hours ago...

VAL SPEAKS

what kinda love confession should they have.....................