1.1 - Meet the Family

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠...

I was combing through my hair with my fingers and looking outside of the window in my room. It was nice at quiet, just how I liked it. That is until the alarm went off, meaning we had an intruder in the house. I didn't want to leave the comfort of my room though, so I took my sweet time.

I feel that something is wrong though. I just can't put my finger on it.

Ignoring it, I reluctantly had to hurry since I heard Dad say, "Where's Number Eight?" 

Crap.

I walked quickly next to Marcus. "Yes, Dad?" I peer at him, making sure he wasn't upset. I followed his eyes toward the intruders. They all looked at me in shock. 

"Do I have something on my face?" I whispered to my brother, Alphonso. He quickly checked and shook his head. Then why the hell are they looking at me? It's very uncomfortable. The shortest guy looked back at Dad and said, "I'm sorry. What do you mean, your children? That's not possible, old man."

Yeah, he looked extremely upset. I followed my sisters and brothers down into the living room standing behind Ben. "Of course it is! I think I'd know, wouldn't I?" Dad told the weird people. 

"Dad, who are these guys?" I asked the same question as Ben. A little nicer of course. 

The short guy looked back at me again, "What the hell (Y/N). You're joking, right? Why are you with them."

Wait, what?

"Okay, what the hell is going on? Why wouldn't I be with them?" I retorted back. I'm getting a little weirded out by these guys. They smell like a farm.

"Hey! Leave my sister out of this." Ben stood in front of me protectively. I swatted his arm away. "Listen, I don't know how you know my name. It doesn't matter. I suggest you guys get the hell out of here." I told the short guy off. 

For some reason, after I said that, he looked somewhat hurt. 

The guy in a hat points at Ben. "Everyone else can see Ben, right?" He pointed with a smile. 

"Cute hat, Sundance." Ben glared back at the guy in the hat. I snorted a little. Ben gets pissed off so easily it's hilarious

Dad continued to tell us about these guys. "They call themselves the Umbrella Academy, a group of scheming, perfidious malcontents who accosted me in the fall of 1963 when I was away on business in Dallas. Be warned, they claim to be my spawn." I laughed a little. These guys just keep getting weirder and weirder. 

The lady in the superhero cape walked toward Dad. "Claim? Look, Five, what the hell is going on?"

Five. That's his name.

"I don't know yet, but it's concerning." Five put his hands in his pockets, looking at me again. Marcus glanced at Dad and then at the super big guy. "Is he telling the truth?" He questioned them.

"Not the part about us being perfidious."

"No, we are amatuer-fidious, at best."

"But we are his children. This is our house."

The big guy spoke up. "Yeah, yeah. We, uh... We grew up here." He seemed like he didn't know what he was saying. Alphonso took this as his chance to make fun of him and mocked him, "Yeah, we grew up here."