1.11 - Seven Bells

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠...

As soon as Five and I put our clothes back on, we started to make our way toward a shower. I used my hair to cover my neck. Hopefully, it will work. On our way, we ran into Allison, who looked unusually happy. "Morning. Dad is calling a meeting today at noon." She informed us with a smile.

I glanced at Five and answered for the both of us, "Uh. We will think about it." Allison nodded at the both of us before continuing down the hall. Five told me he would meet up with me later and had business to attend to. I just accepted it and went to shower.

When noon hit, I was already down in the lobby with everyone else. We were waiting for Dad and Five. It didn't take them long to arrive, they both came in from outside.

As soon as they walked in, everyone started cheering for Five and his apparently awesome speech. 

A speech which I have no recollection of.

"That speech last night!"

"Brought me to tears, you big softy."

"I especially liked when you referred to us as a family bound by destiny and love."

"Yes. That was great."

Five walked over to where I was sitting and sat down next to me. "Okay. Enough. It was the booze talking. In the light of day, you're all still deplorable. Except you, (Y/N)." He put his arm around my shoulder and kissed me on the cheek.

Dad had to ruin the cute moment when he said, "And your day's about to get worse. The Norse had seven sleepers. The Blackfoot, seven stars. As a boy, I heard the legend of the seven bells."

"Yeah, like in the 1800's." I said, under my breath. Five shoved me a little with a smile.

Dad continued on with his boring story, "All these stories are the same. The village is under threat by flood, by fire, by a night that never ends. A shaman brings his disciples to a sacred cave. He tells them if they can ring the seven magic bells, the village will be saved, and all will be restored just as it was."

God. This is so boring.

"Reggie? What the hell does this have to do with us?" Lila raised her hand and asked Dad.

"None of you can deny what's going on around us. All of existence will be gone by the end of the day, but whoever or whatever wove together space and time, left a way to put things back together if the universe ever faced total annihilation. There is a portal in the universe. I built this hotel around it, and on the other side is the answer."

Luther looked around and spoke for most of us, "And we're supposed to, what? Just stroll in there, ring some bells, and fix this shit?" 

Dad held his book close to his body and continued to explain, "Sarcasm aside, you are mostly right. Except for the guardian."

Uh, what?

"That's totally not scary." I said sarcastically.

"What kind of guardian?" Viktor had his hands intertwined with one another and asked Dad to elaborate. Diego brought up his injured hand with two missing fingers and said, "Kind of guardian that does this. He had a sword."

"See? Yeah. This is where you lose me." Luther said with annoyance in his voice.

Lila deadpanned, "This is where he loses you? I checked out at the sacred cave."

"I stopped listening at all the seven shit." I added.

Viktor continued the main topic, "Why would the builders of this back door need to have a guardian?"