1.9 - Brainstorm

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠...

It was the next day and we all gathered in the lounge to discuss what the hell happened last night. Five was leaning over the balcony looking down at the lobby. I stood next to him for comfort. Our hands were next to each other but I was too nervous to put my hand on his.

He must have sensed it because he looked over at me and slid his hand on top of mine for reassurance.

From behind us, Allison and Viktor start to bicker again. Well, it's mostly Allison being mean to Viktor. "Hey, has anyone seen Klaus?" Luther questioned us, barely remembering he had another brother.

Oh wait, and where has Dad been? I turned around to look at everyone and dragged Five with me to get closer to everyone. I looked over at Benny and he was looking at me holding Five's hand. I pray he doesn't say anything.

"Or Dad for that matter?" I looked around at everyone. Sloane and Luther were so cute together. They sat down on the couch directly in front of me and my sister was holding L's arm. "They'll be here," Diego assured me while he was messing with his injured hand.

My remaining brother, Benny scoffed at Diego's response and sarcastically replied, "Really? Did they... hit traffic?"

"Benny, be nice." I lightly scolded him.

"Look, people, we're alive because we're special, right? We're the only ones who can save the universe." He continued with his stubborn attitude.

Allison clicked her tongue and raised her hand, "Uh, question."

"Yes?"

"Didn't we just try that and fail miserably?"

I scratched my head and sighed, "Well, technically yes but--"

"Yeah, it's because his plan was stupid. I got a better one." Diego explained his reasoning on why we all failed to save the world. "We go with the large hard-on particle accelerator."

I mouthed to Five, "Hard-on?"  and he just shook his head in disappointment at Diego.

"You guys do some science and we launch the Kugelblitz into outer space. Didn't think I knew that, did ya? It's in Switzerland." Diego finished with his plan, looking very proud.

Ben crossed his arms in frustration and slowly walked closer to Diego. "It's hadron, not hard-on, ya moron!"

Lila got up from her position on the couch and sat up to argue with my brother. "Oi! At least he's trying you shitty little squid. What have you contributed?"

Diego ganged up on him too and added to what Lila said, "Actually, he did blow up half his family."

And that's where I draw the line.

I let go of Five's hand and walked over to stand next to my brother. "Hey! Don't talk to my brother like that. What have either of you contributed as well? Other than causing this whole mess?" I shot back at the both of them slowly walking towards Diego to get all up in his face. I was mad.

Ben put a protective arm in front of me and continued to bicker with Diego. "You know what should have blown up is your face on that neck!"

"I wish I had a cake to hit you with it in your face!"

"Museun yaegileul haneun geongayo?" (What are you talking about?)

"Será mejor que cortes eso." (You better cut that out.)