1.8 - Auf Wiedersehen

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠...

We all continued to talk about the plan and slowly made our way to the basement where the Kugelblitz was. As we got closer to the bottom of the basement, my head started pounding again. Both Benny and Five noticed and grabbed onto me. Benny suggested I stay in the living room, but I wanted to be with everyone.

"Why is the Kugelblitz hurting you?" Five asked me with visible concern on his face. I look up at him as best as I can to reply, "That thing makes my telekinesis all wonky and weird. I can't function with it being near. The pulses make it worse."

I continued to make my way down the basement with Five by my side holding onto me by my waist.

"All of us are irrelevant. This thing's gonna take the whole damn universe. What is it made of?" Five told everyone.

"Micro black holes collapsing at increasingly short intervals," I told him. I decided to study more about it after I found out we had one in our basement. Five looked at me questioningly, "Why aren't we getting sucked inside?"

Sloane answered him for me, "We don't know. You shouldn't exist here, and neither should this."

I could practically hear Five's thoughts in his head. "An impossibility for an impossibility. The universe is a sucker for balance."

"Grace has been tracking the waves. The next one is due in three hours." Fei reminded everyone of the next pulse. 

"All right, so what do we do?"

"We trap it," I told everyone the plan.

"Dyson sphere?"

"Yeah."

Five looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Confinement factor?"

Huh. He wants to test me on what I know. 

I scoffed and replied, "0.98 at peak energy flux."

He continued to question me, "Tensile strength?"

"UTS ceiling of 10,000 gigapascals."

I heard Lila question from the other side of the room, "Should I be finding this hot?"

"No!" Both Luther and Diego protest her statement.

"What do you think, Five?" Allison finally said something from her corner. 

He thought for a second before replying, "Could work. Or we could all die horribly. I'm in."

Ben retorted, "First of all, get your hand off my sister. Second of all, you're not the one we need." I widened my eyes at Ben to tell him to stop. This is so embarrassing. If anything, Five held onto my waist even more.

Fei explained to everyone, "For this to work, we need Sloane, Lila, (Y/N), Christopher, and--"

"Viktor. Of course." Allison walked away in anger.

Well, that was fun.

I couldn't have gotten out of that basement any faster.

⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡...⋙

3 hours later, it was time to get rid of the Kugelblitz. Everyone gathered in the basement again. 

Five kissed me on the head for good luck.

"Okay, how do we start?"

"Have you ever moved a nest of bees?"