Disease!?

Chapter Five: Disease!?

***

Last night was a blast! Well, according to Naruto it was but Sakura was still flabbergasted about the whole event. She always felt like something tickling her insides. The pinkette never expected that to happen.

While the bright sunny morning starts to unwrap, Naruto is on his way to visit Sakura again. Although, Sakura is just cooped up in her home, not wanting any interactions with anyone. She had a lot in her mind and needs to set things right.

He lifted his hand to twist the knob and it's locked. Confusion formed on his face, Naruto knocked instead. Sakura slammed her pillows on her face, blocking out his numerous knocks.
Just as he was about to call her out, he received a message from the ANBU. They disappeared with no trace, Naruto left her place with now a frown on his face. (HAHAH IT RHYMED)

Shortly after, he arrived at the hokage tower(is that what's it called? wow, I forgot a lot.)

"You called me baa-san?" Naruto walked over to the slug princess, sitting lazily. An irk mark grew on her forehead, she opened but sighed. "Ah . . anyways, I have unfortunate news for you." a frown now replaced.

"Unfortunate, unfortunate . . what does that mean again?" Naruto grinned sheepishly, Tsuade tsked. "You blunt idi- okay well, I have terrible news for you." Tsunade crossed her arms.

Naruto nodded. "Alright what is it?? I'm in a hurry ya'know." Tsunade frowned, her lips parted.

"Hyuga Hinata is . . currently . . sick." her eyebrows furrowed, with a stern face now. Shizune clutched Tonton more. Tonton didn't mind.

Naruto stared at Tsunade. Both of the kunoichis couldn't tell if he was about to laugh or cry.

"That's . . no. I don't believe you old lady." Naruto's lips lined together. Shizune stepped up, Tsunade held her hand up. The brunette slumped her shoulders. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

"Listen carefully Naruto with that pea brain of yours." Tsunade stood up, with serious in her tone. Naruto stayed quiet.

"Hinata has a unknown illness, well, a disease we think. We don't know when she was diagnosed with it, we don't really know all the symptoms either. But we do know, it could lead to fatal death." Tsunade explained everything to Naruto. Naruto still couldn't believe it.

Why didn't she say anything in the first place? As she always been feeling this? When and how did this happen? Was he not around when she needed him? Why did she keep quiet? Why is she so selfless?

Naruto didn't feel it yet, a tear rolled down his cheek and then another came.

It can't be true.

A disease!?

Death?

Naruto couldn't accept this. He won't let her die, and he won't leave her side. But again, what about the promise? Surely she would understand right? Besides, this is a much more important matter. Naruto will not waste Hinata's last breaths alone.

::

Naruto left the building, going wherever his feet takes him.