Despair in Konoha

Chapter Seven: The Despair That Rained Down in Konoha

There was nothing nobody can do.

They all tried, pushing themselves to the limit and past.

Crying, wailing or sobbing didn't help anything.

They didn't understand.

Why?

They still need her.

Why did Hinata Uzumaki leave Earth?

✳✳✳

Soft crying and sniffing could be heard from Hinata's room. One of Konoha's pillar was clutched onto Hinata's bed.

"I'm sorry. .! Oh . .I'm so sorry. . forgive me!" Sakura sobbed, holding Hinata's pale and lifeless hands.

She's dead. Nothing you can do to bring her back.

The pinkette kept brawling like a maniac, one of her dearest friends is dead.

Hinata is dead. Did Sakura really fail to keep her alive?

It was beginning to rain hard. The thunder was louder than ever. Sakura remembered that Hinata hates the storm and thunder. It always scared her and Sakura swore to protect her and made sure she's safe. But now, Sakura is more scared than ever.

When reality hit her like a brick, she had to announce the terrible news to everyone. Attend her funeral. Comfort Naruto. And still worry for her husband and 'child'.

Sakura wiped her face with her backhand and stood up. She stared at Hinata's face.

She's dead. The Byakugan Princess is dead.

"I really am sorry. You should hate me. I hate me too. ."

Sakura stumbled to the door, fixing her coat.

She didn't bother to smile around her co-workers. It was a tragic day and how could anyone smile with Hinata being dead?

"Miss Uchiha, are you alright? In fact, how is Hinata?" her co-worker asked with a smile.

Sakura just started into her eyes making her uncomfortable. The lady nervously chuckled.

"Sakura-san. .um is something wrong." the lady frowned but she heard someone walking up to her from behind.

"Oh, by the way Mina, we should hang out and leave work for a bit. It's exhausting you know!" a employee ignored Sakura, practically shoving her away.

"You're totally right Juno! I've done too much help and I might pass out! Hahah."

They both giggled away, drowned in their own conversation.

Sakura just stood there, listening to them.

Why didn't I known this before?

The pinkette lips trembled, as she wanted to straight up pummel the two idiots in front of her.

"Lazy women," Sakura mumbled.