Away

"Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it."

-Thomas Fuller

"Maybe we should take a break."

Katie breathlessly pushed the blindfold from her eyes and looked over to Rene who held the strike pads.

"What, you tired?"

"No, but you're barely recovered from your accident and the first thing you want to do is spar. Does Oliver even know you're here right now?"

Katie huffed as she stalked over to grab her water bottle. She reached out to Rene to help get her get back into fighting shape, so she told him to meet her at the bunker early this morning. She thought she'd be lecture free, but she was wrong.

"I'm fine." Katie said turning back to him. "Right now, I just need-" she turned when she heard footsteps and let out a sigh before turning back to Rene. "You called him?"

"No, he called me and I was all set with a lie, but he already knew." Rene said glancing over to Oliver who seemed to be dressed in a t-shirt and a pair of shorts as well. "He didn't say he would just show up though." Oliver and Katie just looked at each other for a moment and Rene pointed behind him. "I'm just going to-" he nudged his head before turning and walking off.

"You know I thought we were past you lying to me." Oliver said and Katie folded her arms over her chest.

"I didn't lie to you. I told you I was going for a run outside."

"Outside the house!"

"I didn't specify where I was running and you shouldn't have assumed. Because when you assume you make an ass out of you and yourself."

"That's not how that goes." he sighed. "Twinkie, it's too soon for you to be doing this."

"Oliver, I've literally seen you beat to shit one day, and back kicking ass the next. I'm fine, I just need to get back into shape. With Prometheus and Malice, you can't afford to lose me."

"Twinkie, we just recruited Dinah and-" Katie's eyes went wide and Oliver just knew he just opened a can of worms. "wait, I didn't mean—" she turned to walk away and Oliver quickly moved to block her from leaving. "She's not a replacement for you, but her being here does mean that you don't have to rush this." Katie didn't say anything before she shoved him back. "Twinkie, don't, we're not doing this." she threw a punch that he had to quickly dodge. "I'm not fighting you."

"Fine, then I'm going to go get Rene and-" she took a step to walk away and Oliver groaned with a shake of his head and Katie just smiled.

"Fine, we're going to go easy and if I think it's too much then we're stopping." he turned and pulled off his shirt and turned to see Katie looking over to him. "What?"

"I know what you're doing and it's not going to work. You can't distract me with your body."

Oliver laughed as he began stretching his arms while flexing his muscles, and Katie just rolled her eyes. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Sure you don't." she said before walking over and retying the blindfold which would not only help train her senses, but keep her from getting too distracted by her husband. She turned and began stretching as well. She took a few steps forward, raising her fists as she slightly tilted her head to listen to his breaths.

"You know I doubt you're going to go into many fights without the ability to see." Oliver said and Katie smiled as she turned in the direction that his voice came from. "I'm sure there are more appropriate places to use that blindfold."