Consequences

"You can do anything in this world if you are prepared to take the consequences. "

W. Somerset Maugham

We live in a fantasy world...a world of illusions. The great task in life is to find reality. That was proving quite difficult for a doctor who'd just awaken on a hellish island, her and her friends being held captive. Her father barely holding on. In the past few moments she finally came to a conclusion. Katherine Robins was alive. Alive and pissed.

Annabelle Grey was now on her knees, blood seeping from her neck as the blade inched deeper and deeper. She still hadn't revealed Will and Ari's location.

"You know you stabbed a lot of people in the back, lied, murdered-" Katie glanced down to the woman. "You're the reason Michael's dead. Was it worth it?" Annabelle didn't say anything, as she sat there shaking, trying to will her body to listen to her. "I always wanted to ask someone like you that. Like was all the pain and suffering you inflicted worth it?" Katie crouched down in front of the woman. "You have to know that you got yourself here, right? You joined forces with Adrian and he told you it was going to be a piece of cake." Katie let out a sigh. "You still haven't told me where Ari and William are, and it's annoying me. You have five seconds before you slit your own throat." Katie stood to her feet. "Five..."

"Fuck...You." Annabelle grit through her teeth.

Katie turned to her and laughed. "Four..."

"You're going to die. You're all going to die." Annabelle choked out a laugh, only to stop when she felt the blade push deeper in her neck.

"Three..." Katie hummed as she glanced around hoping for just a glimpse of something that isn't trees. She let out a sigh before walking back over to Annabelle. "Two."

"Sweetheart, don't."

Katie turned to see her father's eyes crack open as he glanced over to them.

"Don't do this. Don't let them win."

Katie let out a sigh as she turned back to Annabelle. "Do you feel like you're winning?" Annabelle just continued to shake, the blade still slowly piercing her skin. "I didn't think so." she turned to Jacob. "She doesn't feel like she's winning, daddy, so I think I'm good to-" in one swift movement, Katie quickly turned catching an arrow right in her hand. She stood to her feet and looked over to see Talia with two of her soldiers. "That wasn't very nice, cousin."

"It has been a long time, Nura. Are you still whiny and insufferable?"

"Are you still a psycho?" Katie laughed as she glanced over at the thud behind her to see Annabelle had passed out. She clicked her tongue before turning back to Talia. "You have terrible timing."

"You know Adrian wanted you alive, but you know accidents happen." Talia nudged her head. "Kill her." her soldiers ran toward Katie only to stop when they realized the woman was gone. Talia stood there looking on in confusion at the sudden disappearance of Katie and Jacob. Her eyes lifted to the sky at the sight of a bird frozen in mid air before suddenly flying again.

Ari's face was pressed against something hard. She groaned when the sudden aches brought her back to consciousness.

"Ari?"

She opened her eyes at the voice, and jumped to her feet, slightly swaying before she looked up to see someone she didn't expect.

"Will?" she watched as he rushed over to her and threw his arms around her in a hug. "What is going on?" she pulled back and looked down to him. "Where are we?"

"I don't know. I woke up and I saw you." he pointed toward the door. "I tried to open it, but it wouldn't."

Ari walked over to the door, and turned the handle, but Will was right, it wasn't budging. She let out a sigh, glancing around before she noticed something.