The Search

"Though lovers be lost, love shall not."

Dylan Thomas

Sometimes Gotham City was just dreary. It lacked the colors or even the sparkle of Star City. Felicity noticed it every time she sat near the window of the Wayne mansion and stared out unable to not take on the gloomy feel the city seemed to invoke. She let out a heavy sigh just as Bruce entered the room.

"I don't like that sound," he commented as he walked over to her. She turned to him, a smile coming to her face as it always did when she saw him. "Everything alright?" he moved to stand across from her in front of the window, his eyes glancing out momentarily before turning back to the woman.

"I don't know. I just feel kind of blah today, and the whole lack of color this city has isn't helping any." Felicity replied looking down at the book she was reading.

"We could take another trip," Bruce said finally sitting beside her in the window seat. "Someplace bright and happy. Maybe Dubai?"

"We just came back from London last week, and before that we were in Japan," Felicity said dropping her book. "If this is going to be our home, we should at least stick around."

"You said home." Bruce said with a smile and Felicity shook her head. "You said home and not a museum." the woman chuckled. "Dare I say, you Ms. Smoak are starting to feel at home here."

"No, but I'm starting to feel at home with you," she replied sliding over into his lap, wrapping her arms around his neck. "And what have I said about calling me, Ms. Smoak?"

"And what would you prefer I call you, huh?" he asked and she just shook her head. She inched closer to him, her eyes locked on his and she feels his rough palms as the slip underneath her sweater. She smiled as she took in his brown eyes, that tingling feeling in her stomach made it's expected appearance.

"You know my name, Mr. Wayne." her lips were just a breath away from his and the smiled tugged on his lips just as he was about to close the distance, but in walked the pain in his ass.

"Ugh—" both stopped but didn't turn away from each other. "How is this place so huge, but I still get lucky enough to walk in just moments before you two are about to bang each other."

"And there's the crassness that can shatter any mood," Felicity says untangling herself from Bruce's grasp, and the annoyance laced in his features turned to one Richard Grayson. "Hi Dick," she turned to the man who simply waved.

"Hi blondie," he replied and Felicity turned a look of annoyance toward Bruce and he simply nods because he knows she hates the nickname and yet has told him not to say anything because she wanted things to go well for her here.

"Was there something you needed?" Bruce asked turning his agitation to Richard. "Because as you could see we were sort of in the middle of something and-"

"It's not happening Bruce." Felicity said grabbing her book.

"But it could." he said hopeful before turning back to Richard. "What do you want?"

"I think I may have gotten a lead on Dr. Quinzel." the young man replied. "After her escape from ARGUS, I've been able to track her to some of her and the Joker's old contacts."

"You guys don't really think she's going to try to bust him out of Arkham, do you?" Felicity asked.

"Well she's crazy enough to try." Dick replied turning back to Bruce. "I'm going to check this out and-"

"Just recognizance, observe, but don't act. Harley is bat shit crazy, but she's also clever, and I want to see what she's actually planning and whose helping her." Bruce said and Richard simply nodded.