Stolen Heart

"Only do what your heart tells you. "

-Princess Diana

It was almost time. Katie sat in the waiting room, her eyes up to the clock and she let out a sigh. She glanced down to her phone before glancing over at the sound of the elevator opening. She sat up a bit, letting out a sigh of relief when Oliver stepped out of the elevator. When he spotted Katie, he hurried over.

"I'm not late, am I?" he took the seat beside her.

"No, you're good." she replied with a slight smile. She could tell from his breathing that he'd rushed here. "Are you sure this is fine?" he turned to her with a furrowed brow. "Just with Thea gone, I imagine, it's probably crazy."

Oliver shook his head. "It's fine, I want to be here." he reached over and placed his hands on hers.

Soon Oliver and Katie sat on a couch, Dr. Nick sitting across from them. When they decided that maybe couple's therapy was needed, both agreed they trusted Nick and now it was their first session and they were both slightly nervous.

"I think I should start by saying, I don't want either one of you to feel as if this is a bad thing, or that you've somehow failed at marriage." Nick glanced between the couple. "A lot of married couples hit road blocks and some times they need help to get around them. So tell me, what brought you here?"

Oliver and Katie turned to each other, both letting out a deep breath before turning back to Nick. Katie opened her mouth, only to be interrupted by Oliver's ringing phone.

"Oh, I'm—" he pulled it from his pocket to see Curtis' number. He frowned slightly before looking back over to Katie. "I'm sorry, I thought I turned this off." he powered off the phone and slipped it back into his pocket. Katie turned away and shook her head.

"Maybe this was a mistake." Katie suddenly said and Nick and Oliver looked over to her. "Just doesn't seem like the right time to do this." she sighed before turning to Oliver. "That call was probably important and-"

"Not more important than this." Oliver interrupted. "Twinkie, I'm here." he turned back to Nick and let out a deep breath. "I think one of the reasons we're here-" he looked back over to Katie. "When something is bothering you, you bottle it up and you don't talk to me no matter how hard I try to get you to talk."

"Is that true?" Nick asked and Katie turned to him before turning away for a moment.

"Yes it is." she turned back Oliver. "I uh—I spent a few years of my life being taught that emotions, any kind really-" she turned away unsure she even wanted to say this. She shook her head. "It's stupid." she looked over to Nick. "It's just all stupid, because it's been years and it's like it's ingrained inside of me somehow." she looked over to Oliver and sighed. "Oliver I was conditioned to believe that what I felt didn't matter. If I was sad or if something made me angry, they were irrelevant emotions—vulnerability, sentiment-" she sighed. "Weakness." she felt like crying, but she also didn't want to cry. Not right now, not in front of them. She took a deep breath before turning away. "I guess no matter how much time passes, I still carry a part of him with me."

"And by him, you mean your uncle?" Nick asked and Katie looked over to him and nods. "The demon."

Oliver's brows rose as he glanced over to the man not expecting him to say that. Nick looked over to Oliver noticing the look of surprise on his face. Katie looked over as well and let out another sigh.

"Shit." she muttered and both Oliver and Nick turned to her. She glanced over to Nick before turning to Oliver. "I forgot to tell you something." Oliver looked over to her in confusion, glancing over to Nick as well before turning back to Katie. "Coming to see Nick, I—I really wanted him to help me navigate all the things going on with me and it was hard having to always be careful with everything I said." she glanced over to Nick once more. "So I decided to tell him everything."