Welcome to Your Life

"I used to think the worst feeling in the world is losing someone you love.
But I was wrong, the worst feeling in the world is the moment that you realize you've lost yourself."

L.J Smith

Love is a scary thing. It drives you and manipulates you into becoming someone totally different. It has so much control and most of the time you're completely unaware of it's affects. Oliver Queen was the perfect example of this case. Oliver sat in a chair, his eyes looking up to the woman still unconscious in the bed in front of him and he was sure it was love that made him ignore everything outside the walls they were in.

Oliver wasn't sure what reaction he'd get from his wife when he finally saw her. There were so many people around her, yelling her name and he knows the whole situation was just a lot. He wasn't that surprised that the moment she saw him, she fainted. He quickly reached forward, catching her in his arms and hiking her up. Oliver held the woman firmly in his arms, his eyes looking down to her and his heart swelled. He'd sat by her bedside for months, each day hope seemed to be dwindling that she would ever wake up, and now here she is.

"Mr. Queen!" Oliver lifted his eyes, now remembering the crowd surrounding them, taking their pictures.

"How is this possible?!"

"We thought she was in a coma!"

"Where has she been this whole time?!"

Each question was yelled one right after the other, but Oliver had no intention of answering. Right now only one thing matter.

"Ollie!" Oliver turned to see his sister pushing her way through the crowd. The moment Thea was standing in front of them, her eyes looked down to Katie suddenly overcome with emotions. "I can't believe it. She's really-" Thea shook her head.

"Thea, we need to get out of here, now." Oliver said and Thea looked up to her brother who seemed to be eyeing the crowd with a look she didn't like. He looked like he'd fight his way out of here right now if there were no other option.

"I know, I made a call." Thea said and Oliver turned to her, before hearing the sound of high pitched whistle. He lifted his eyes to see the police pushing the crowd back. Soon there was enough space for them to move and so Oliver quickly carried Katie away from the crowd and out the door.

She'd been out for hours, and Oliver felt this moment so reminiscent of the many nights he spent sitting in that hospital room at her bedside. Only this time was different. This time she would mutter in her sleep, or her fingers slightly twitched and her head, it turned.

His phone vibrated in his pocket and Oliver sighed knowing he couldn't ignore the world forever. He pulled the phone from his pocket and looked down to see Ari's face and he let out a sigh. He's sure at this point the appearance of Katie has been playing on the news and he knows Ari has questions. Oliver glanced over to Katie once more before standing to his feet and walking out of the room to finally answer.

Ari stood near the window, peaking out to see the herd of reporters standing in the front of their house. Hours earlier, Thea showed up to pull her out of school and when she asked what was going on, Thea simply told her that Oliver would explain everything. Hank, Steve and a few other guards actually had to escort them into the house as they made sure no one got too close to them. Ari expected to find Oliver inside, but the man was nowhere in sight.

"Thea?" Ari turned to Thea who hurried upstairs with Robyn. Ari followed after the woman, to see her walk into the nursery where she laid the baby down. "Thea, will you tell me what's going on?" Thea turned to the girl with a frown, but she didn't say anything. Ari simply shook her head before turning and stalking toward Oliver's room, pushing open the door. It was empty as well, and so she headed over to the drawer next to the bed.