5.

Today Kate had woken up two hours earlier so going to bed early last night was ironically no advantage.

Adding to that she most definitely woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Everything was bothering her to the point it felt like the fabric of her shirt was touching her skin wrong.

Late still had two hours to kill ugh thus sucked. She grabbed herself a bowl of cereal because she knew a real breakfast would fail the same way the beginning of the day already was.

With her full bowl of cereal, she went and sat on the couch putting on whatever seemed interesting.

When she was done Kate decided she'd go for a walk and maybe watch the sunrise at her favorite childhood spot.

She changed into some Capri jeans and a cropped Black Sabbath shirt knowing she'd be cutting it close in time when she came back.

She headed out listening to nature as she walked. The birds even seemed to be having a better day than her.

Once she arrived at her destination it was more beautiful than she remembered.

Most people would take her place for granted. It was an old abandoned train track bridge over a small paved area that would always have a stream of water running through at this time of the year.

She would always sit against one of the support beams just watching the scenery nearby.

Kate sat there for an hour and a half just thinking and trying to release stress until she decided she should start heading back to get to work on time.

Once kate had gotten home she had only ten minutes and it was a fifteen-minute drive.

"Shit!" Kate mumbled as she picked up the pace exceeding the speed limit, yet being careful enough not to pick up any police along the way.

Once she arrived she slammed the car door shut running fast inside to hopefully only be a minute or two late.

Once she got inside the diner Deb was in the kitchen cooking while there was no one to take orders.

"Your an hour and a half early one day than late the next!"

"I'm so sorry Deb it's just been one of those mornings"

"You're telling me!!"

Kate immediately went to take orders rushing to also deliver plates.

She was only two plates in when she tripped on an extension sign powering the LED open sign.

Food was all over her apron even onto her pants no one seemed to care they all just stared at her struggling to get up.

Once she made it to the kitchen what was bound to happen did. Kate was quickly criticized by Deb and she had been so extreme enough to fire her.

Kate quickly and quietly swiped off her apron and hung it up swiftly trying her very best to keep in the tears.

Once she made it out of the little kitchen tears started streaming down her face.

Looking around to make sure no one noticed she met someone's eyes. Someone with long brown hair and hazel eyes.

He was very attractive and looked concerned as if she was ok.

She gave him an assuring look and the tears started to slow down. He still looked attentive and concerned as Kate ran out.

Once Kate made it outside she noticed her car was missing the tears started rolling down her cheeks like little rivers.

She reached into her pockets noticing her keys were gone and obviously if they were in the car then the doors couldn't have been locked.

She just patiently sat on the bench crying rivers not even knowing who she was waiting for.

All of a sudden a group of guys walked out of the doors arguing about where they were going to go for lunch that today. They all turned after she sniffled.

They all immediately turned walking back to their shared ride and driving away carelessly.

After about a minute another group of guys walked out this time much younger. This time instead of sniffing Kate accidentally sobbed and started panicking.

She thought to herself, "Great, just great Kate bring even more attention and embarrassment to yourself!"

This time only one guy turned it was the same guy who seemed so concerned as Kate was making her way out of that shitty kitchen.

He started waking over and Kate dried her tears tucking her head into her knees.

He just sat next to her quietly and said nothing.

She peered over to see him watching the cars pass by.

Kate asked the guy, "Hi?"

"Hi"

"...can I help you?"

"Can I help you?", he said back gesturing toward her.

"I'm fine!"

"Sure, what happened?"

"Fired"

"Cool same"

"Really?"

"No, I wish"

"So you just gonna sit on this bench crying for the rest of the day or what's your plan?"

"Why?"

"I don't know, I just don't find this beneficial, crying at the place you just got fired."

"I can't go anywhere anyway, so what else am I gonna do?"

"Why can't you just leave?"

"Car was stolen"

"Cool, you could ride with us!" and just as he said that one of his buddies yelled over, "Dude stop flirting we've got to go!"

"Hey, snake where do we have to go, we have nothing planned, dude!"

"I know exactly the point, Rachel, you tell me!"

"Hey dude, I'm coming, but can we also drop her off. Her car's gone!"

"Sure but hurry the fuck up we're tired of sitting here!"

And so that's how Kate managed to get a ride with one of the coolest groups of fellas ever.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N

Lol, so I'm using the Grammarly, keyboard, and it will give suggestions of words to use instead so that's where the fellas came from I just felt like it was needed!

VH getting McDonald's | Eddie Van Halen & David Lee Roth