if it doesn't

[Y/n POV]

[Y/n POV]

The weekend's over and I'm back at school. Yay. Is it just me or does the weekend get over faster these days? I'm still in thought when I open my shoe locker only to have something light fall onto the ground, barely making any sound. I pick it up and now I'm holding an envelope, most probably a love letter. It's an ethereal cream colour with a small golden cupid sticker closing it.

I have an admirer? No way. Maybe they just placed it in the wrong locker. The cursive writing on the back that spells out my name says otherwise. I gently open the letter as if it was made of glass and one wrong move could have it on the floor, shattered. It contained a paper of the same colour as the cover and had two lines on it, both in the same impressive cursive handwriting just as it was on the cover.

𝐷𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑌/𝑛,
𝑀𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑚𝑒 𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑜𝑜𝑓𝑡𝑜𝑝 𝑡𝑜𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑑𝑢𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑙𝑢𝑛𝑐ℎ.
𝐼 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎 𝑔𝑖𝑓𝑡 𝐼 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑙𝑙 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒.
                                                    - 𝑌𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝐴𝑑𝑚𝑖𝑟𝑒𝑟

...Well, that was blunt. A gift that I'd love? Is it chocolates? Or maybe an 'A' grade for maths? Or...a snow globe? I'd honestly like anything from what I've mentioned but...should I go? I mean, I don't even know who this person is...I suppose it won't hurt to just go and check.

I contemplate on my choices. If I don't go, I'd get to spend my entire break with Yuna. But on the other hand, if I don't go and it happened to be a confession, it'd be rude of me to dismiss a person's feelings just like that. After a few more moments of thinking, I give in to the second option. I'll go.

(Timeskip)

The bell rings and now it's time I face my 'Admirer'. God damnit, I'm nervous. I guess I must have looked the same way I felt on the outside as well because Yuna glances over, concerned.

"Hey, Y/n? You good? You look kind of...constipated."

I assure her that I'm fine, adding that I would be late to join her for lunch for the day. She seemed disappointed but somewhat suspicious.

"You skipping a meal? Hmm, something's not right. You got a confession to attend or something?"

I understood that she meant it jokingly but it still stunned me how quickly she guessed it. My lack of response must have caused her suspicion to escalate because her face slowly had a smirk forming on it.

"Ooooh~ This is great, Y/n-chan! Go get yo' mans!"

If that was supposed to hype me up, it had failed miserably. I quickly nodded and rushed towards the rooftop.

When I enter through the door, I see no one waiting there for me....was it perhaps a prank? Who would do such a thing? Why would anyone want to play with someone's feelings? I had no one I liked but having someone like you is a genuine self-esteem booster. It makes you feel like you're enough for being you.

While I was breaking on the inside, I felt someone tap on my shoulder. I turnaround and see...

Mitsuya-kun?!

𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 !