ACT II - SECRET PATH: Part 2 - Hermit's competition

The next day everyone woked up and were eating breakfest in Ono's house, after finding out that Hermit - the owner of only one martial arts school in town was a demon with secret power to destroy almost whole city, create a tournament that the winner will get to know Hermit's secret Kion decided to join the tournament.

Kion: So Ono, how do i exactly enter the tournament?

Ono: There is a place that participators are gathering and fight against each other, it's inside the school but the building is surrounded by a wall. The only entrance there is the main gate, but how you join the tournament i don't know.

Kion: OK, thanks Ono. You are a big help right know.

Ono: You are welcome.

After breakfest Kion got his gear and went to Hermit's academy and Ono wasn't lying, the school was behind thick wall and only entrance was a big wooden gate. Kion walked to the gate and knocked on the door, then a metal scute moved and revealed a pair of eyes.

???: Who are you?

Kion: My name is Kion.

???: What do you want?

Kion: To participate in Hermit's tournament.

???: Hermit doesn't let just anyone inside, you must prove you are worthy enough.

Kion: Then what if i tell i defeated one of the participators.

???: Who?

Kion: A komodo dragon wearing green outfit and fighting with a staff.

The scute shuted and the gate was opened revealing a young jackal around Kion's age.

???: The participator you're talking about came to us and told that he leaves the competition because he lost with someone from outside academy, and you match the description dragon gave. Come with me.

The 2 of them walked deeper into academy and stopped in front of what looked like a plaza full of animals armed in various kinds of weapons and dressed in various type's of armor's.

Kion: (in mind) That's a lot of participators.

???: Find a place to sit.

Kion: What?

???: Master will be here soon, and when he comes here you must sit on your knees to show respect to Master.

Kion just nodded and went in the crowd, quickly all eyes were on him and warriors started whispering. Meanwhile Kion found a place to sit and started to look around, he recognized some faces, some of the warriors participated in Lynx's tournament. Then a gong started ringing and everyone got into their places. Then an old jackal dressed in green tunic and conical hat in company of another jackal entered on the platform in front of them.

Kion: (in mind) This guy in conical hat must be Hermit.

Jackal: Welcome warriors! As you all know yesterday we needed to said our goodbye's to Dragon! Today we host a warrior who defeated! Warrior i'm talking about! Stand up!

Kion stood up which drown attention to rest of the warriors and Hermit.

Jackal: Who are you?

Kion: Kion.

Jackal: Tell us Kion, why are you want to join us?

Kion: I have a quest that requir's me to be in a best condition, i hope Hermit's secret power will help in that.

Jackal: What's this quest if i may ask?

Kion: It's a family matter.

Jackal: I see. You can be proud Kion, Dragon was one of the best participators in our tournament. But our Master need to see if  your win wasn't luck.

Kion: I understand.

Jackal: Warriors! Are they any willing to test our new participators skills!?

Two animals stood up, a white tiger and a cougar.

Jackal: Kion! You are going to fight with Seer and Lucky! 3 of you! Stand on the platform!

Kion and two cats entered the platform. 

Jackal: Seer!

A white tiger with blindfold on his eyes moved foward to Kion, then he grabbed his daggers and got into battle stance while did the same with his sword.

SEER'S WEAPON

Jackal: Hajime!

Jackal: Hajime!

SOME TIME LATER

Kion won the fight easily, he had fought with ninja armed in daggers in bamboo forest so he had experience. But still he was suprised at how well Seer fought even with his eyes covered.

Jackal: Well done. Lucky!

A cougar in armor wielding tonfas came closer and got into battle stance with Kion.

LUCKY'S WEAPON

SOME TIME LATER

SOME TIME LATER

The fight was hard, Kion was very skilled but he never fought with anyone armed in tonfas. Then Kion again felt energy grow inside him.

Kion: (in mind) Again this energy.

Lucky: Is that all you got loser!

Then out of nowhere Kion throw fire ball at Lucky which sent him flying away from platform. Everyone was shocked, even Hermit who didn't show any emotions was suprised, he called his assistant and whispered something to his ear. Then assistant made a annoucement.

Jackal: Congratulations Kion! You are now a participator in our competition. You will start tomorrow.

Kion: Thank you.

Jackal: Now go!

Kion walked out from the academy and went to Ono's house, when he got there told the news.

Kiara: Congratulations brother, you're in.

Simba: But it's weird.

Bunga: What's weird?

Simba: That they saw Kion's fire abilities yet they still let them in.

Kion: You are right dad. I need to learn how to control this new power and don't use it in the tournament. Is there any ninja clan here Ono?

Ono: Yeah, but they live deep in the forrest. Why you ask?

Kion: They might use the same weapon i may met in the competion. After dinner i will go there and look for them.