Chapter Three.

I'm just gonna leave this here...

ENJOY!

~

Chapter Three.

I'd woken up before the sun had began to rise, cold and alone on the floor. So I got up and crawled into bed with Silas. He was so warm, and he shuffled over for me, so he obviously didn't mind. We drifted off back to sleep.

When I woke several hours later, I was curled up in his arms with my head resting on his chest. He was already awake, but laying in bed while scrolling through his phone. I hoisted myself up on an elbow and rubbed my sleepy eyes.

"You're awake? You could have woken me. Or shoved me o-off at least," I yawned. His teal hair was all messed up, probably just like mine.

"Aw, but you're so cute when you're sleeping," he teased, hugging me tighter, pulling me down against his chest again. I sighed but let him. It felt nice to be held so warmly.

Silas smelt nice. His scent was very familiar to me. This wasn't the first time we'd shared a bed together. It was a smell more homely than my own. It made me feel safe and secure.

But I was hungry and hungover, and needed food badly.

Everyone had plans on Sunday, so I was left alone with my thoughts. I really didn't want to be alone with my thoughts. I kept going over it in my head, which only made me more confused. What had happened? We'd been laughing, having a great time, and then he just... left? Why?

I didn't want to think about it anymore. My brain hurt too much.

Monday at school, I felt awkward, though I tried not to show it.

Joel acted completely normal again; as if nothing had happened. He said hi to me, hung around our group at lunch, chatted to me in class.

Maybe I was wrong? Maybe it didn't happen? Was I going crazy?

But his lips felt so real...

Forget his lips.

I would just make sure Joel and I weren't alone together again for a while.

Tuesday I had Biology with a lot of 'our lot'. It was a lab day, and everyone had been messing around dissecting cow eyes. It was so freaking gross, but also fascinating. The smell, however, was an acquired one. I was thankful to be doing this before lunch, instead of after.

Me and Silas were partners, Josh and Violet were at the front, and Sophie and Joel were at the table in front of us.

Silas and Joel kept impersonating cows whenever the teacher turned her back.

"I never want to see a nucleus ever again," Sophie was saying from the table in front of us where she was paired with Joel.

"You'll never not see a nucleus," Joel smirked. "Unless you can't see."

I couldn't help but grin at the joke. However, Sophie did not seem as impressed.

With hands on hips, she warned him. "Don't be smart with me, Joel Champion, I know your mother."

"Great. Say hi for me," he grinned.

"We all know his mother, she's the school nurse," Silas chimed into their conversation. Sophie turned her head to scowl at him over her shoulder.