Chapter Eleven

I'm uploading this chapter a little earlier than normal because it's kind of a shorter one. Hopefully you still enjoy it all the same. 

Shoutout to YaoiLoVer4Evr1

ENJOY!

~

Chapter Eleven.

Violet and Josh had tried so hard to be there for me, and to try and cheer me up. But it was no use. I'd barely eaten or slept all week. I had ruined everything. This was entirely my fault. I knew what I was doing was wrong, and I did it anyway. And now Silas hated me, and I still didn't understand why.

On Friday, I was roaming aimlessly towards our spot for lunch, without really paying attention to where my feet were taking me. I'd been distancing myself more and more from Joel, and he had noticed. But I just didn't know what to tell him.

'Oh, sorry, but I've been making out with one of my best friends, who's also a really close friend of yours, while waiting for you to ask me out, and after you'd already asked me out, and between our dates, but now he was angry with me, and when I tell you all this, you probably will be too.' Somehow I didn't think that would go down so well.

But worse than that, Silas was beyond upset with me, he was... he was... I was losing him. And damn, it hurt.

I had to make things right. How did I make things right?

I was stirred from my reverie by distant shouting.

A crowd was gathering across the quad, looking for a fight. I could feel the atmosphere around it building, like a buzz in the air of adrenaline, and not the good kind. I ambled over to see what was going on, more because I was looking for a distraction from my own thoughts, rather than actually being interested; I heard it before I saw it.

"You're supposed to be our friend. You couldn't keep it in your pants this one time?" That was Joel's voice. I stopped breathing.

"You're not his boyfriend. You don't own him. He can do whatever he wants. Don't talk about him like he can't make his own decisions," Silas shouted. My heart dropped, my whole body went numb. Oh god, no!

Joel was quick to retort. "You knew I wanted him to be my boyfriend, though, and you did it anyway!"

I pushed through the crowd to the front. Silas and Joel were in the middle of the circle of onlookers, shouting at one another. The sight of them facing each other like angry lions about to strike made me feel sick. This was all my fault.

"You took too long. You should have considered the possibility of someone else swooping in. And you need to stop grabbing him without his consent! You're always fucking grabbing him." Silas' face was screwed up in a snarl. They had to stop, I needed them to stop. We could all talk about this...

"Everyone knows you're just a fuck-boy," Joel spat.

"He was in my bed when you called him, you know? When you missed your date, he came to me!" I'd never seen Silas so worked up. Not even when he'd argued with me. I began to shake uncontrollably, and I was breaking out in a cold sweat, my head spinning. I needed to stop this, to break them up, but my knees felt weak; I couldn't make my feet move. I felt like I was going to be sick.

Joel was equally enraged. "That just makes you my rebound! That doesn't mean he actually likes you."

Silas lunged, punching Joel in the face. My heart skipped a beat at the sound of the impact. Joel reared for a second, then swung back, punching Silas in return, who went down like a sack of bricks, clutching his face. It wasn't a fair fight, Joel looked like he weighed almost twice what Silas did.