Chapter Fourteen

I'm not 100% happy with this chapter, but I've reworked it too many times and you've all waited long enough, so this will have to do. 

WARNING! This chapter contains verbal abuse that may be sensitive to some readers. 

ENJOY!

~

Chapter Fourteen.

I woke up early and let Silas sleep in, slipping out of his arms – and bed – and going to the kitchen in search of breakfast. I was starving; can't imagine why...

Silas' parents were still in bed too, since it was 6:45am Saturday morning, and no one had to get up for work or school. I found cereal, milk and a bowl and got myself something to eat.

I'd grabbed my phone, so I sat at the kitchen counter on a stool eating cereal and scrolling through social media, when someone tapped me on the shoulder. I nearly jumped out of my skin, dribbling milk down my chin. I wiped my face on my sleeve and whirled around.

A tall blonde-haired man stood there smirking at me, with a grin that matched his younger brother's. "Happy birthday for yesterday," he said to me, then went around the kitchen counter to look in the pantry.

"Thanks," I mumbled back shyly.

Levi Jones started helping himself to a bowl of cereal too. "So I hear my brother finally told you how he feels," he grinned at me. "About time. I was so sick of his pining." A blush crept onto my face.

Silas' older brother had recently turned twenty-five, and normally I couldn't tell he was that much older than us, but he was sporting a new trimmed beard, which made him look more his age. I hadn't seen him in ages because he went to University in the city – an eight hour drive away – but every time I saw him I noticed subtle differences in his appearance, signs the HRT was still working.

"Ah, yeah..." I put a large spoonful of food in my mouth to cover up my lack of conversational skills.

"And you're going out now?" Levi continued, ignoring my awkwardness.

"Yup," I spoke with my mouth full, almost dribbling milk again, but catching it in time, this time.

"Good," he beamed. "I always thought the two of you should be together."

I blushed deeper. "Apparently I was the only one who didn't know," I cringed.

"Don't beat yourself up, king. I was the last one to figure out I was trans," he reassured me with a shrug.

"Really?" I frowned in disbelief. "You always seemed so sure."

He nodded. "Once I accepted it, yeah. But for a long time I just thought there was something wrong with me. I didn't believe my parents, or Silas, when they said it was fine, that there was nothing wrong with me. I didn't understand how I was feeling, even though they could all see it. It's like that saying, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink." Levi shrugged again and put his empty bowl and spoon in the sink. "We all have to figure ourselves out in our own time. You can't force these things."

I finished the last of my cereal and thought it over. "You're right," I smiled at him. "Thanks." Levi reached over the counter and took my empty bowl, putting it in the sink on top of his own, then started a pot of coffee going.

"There you are," Silas walked into the room, shirtless, and smiled at me. He came over to me, yawning as he did, and put his arm around my shoulders, before kissing me on the cheek. "Morning," he whispered just for me.