Chapter Ten

WARNING! This chapter contains words of abuse that may be triggering to some people.

ENJOY!

~

Chapter Ten.

I was the little spoon when I woke up, with a leg draped over me. Silas and I had somehow swapped positions in our sleep, and now I was laying between him and Josh.

I was always the first of us to wake up, and I didn't know why. I could tell it was early, and I didn't even feel well rested. I was like an impulse; I would just suddenly jerk awake in the early hours.

I lay there for a while, feeling Silas' chest move in and out against my back as he breathed, fast asleep. The pace was slow and soothing, and I felt myself relax, ready to drift back off to sleep.

But then Violet's alarm went off.

"Fuck off!" she groaned, and threw her phone across the room into the opposing armchair, before yanking her blanket over her head; her phone was still ringing.

Silas sat up, but kept his leg over mine. "It's your fucking game," he groaned at her.

"I didn't decide the fucking times," she cried back from under her blanket.

"Stop fucking swearing," Josh grunted.

"No offence, Vi, but I'm skipping this game. Mama needs his beauty sleep," Silas declared, and then flopped back down behind me, and pulled me against his chest.

"Screw you then," Violet growled and clamoured out of bed, making sure to walk over all three of us – and kicking Silas in the butt – on her way to the bathroom.

Josh sat up and stared at the wall, blinking slowly. I wasn't sure he could even see anything clearly, since his glasses were safely on the coffee table across the room. He turned slowly to look at me, and we locked eyes. His hair was a mess around his head. It was rather amusing.

"I have to go," he whined. "She's my girlfriend. Come and keep me company, Ryan?" He was trying to give me puppy dog eyes, but I just smiled at him.

"Sorry, mate, but Sy has a death grip on me." To emphasise my point, Silas hugged me tighter.

"You're no fun," Josh pouted, and then went in search of his glasses. He found them, and followed after his girlfriend to get ready to go.

I didn't fall back to sleep right away. I listened distantly to Josh and Violet getting ready – Vi grumbling the whole time about having to get up 'at the crack of dawn' and 'this shit is ridiculous, it shouldn't be legal. This is child abuse'. Finally Violet's mum ushered them both out the door so they wouldn't be late, and the three of them drove off together, leaving Silas and I completely alone in the entire house.

I might have felt anxious about this, except Silas had fallen back to sleep instantly, and I was also still really tired.

I drifted back to sleep, and when I woke again the sun had actually risen this time. Silas was still clinging to me, but I wasn't sure if he was awake yet or not, so I rolled over to face him with sleepy eyes.

"Morning, sunshine," he smiled at me, and kissed my forehead.

I closed my eyes and pouted. "Your lips are cold."

"So warm them up," Silas chuckled, and kissed me on the mouth. His sudden kiss made me feel all fuzzy and tingly, and I kissed him back, but with a closed mouth; I was worried about morning breath.