Demons Ruin All The Fun

You stood up in a panic as the demon searched for a target. Shima reached into his jacket for his staff. You moved behind him. "I haven't picked a meister yet. I don't know how I'm going to fight!" You exclaimed to Shima. Shima pulled out his staff and it extended. "It's alright. You shouldn't have to fight tonight,anyway. I'll protect you."

You smiled. "Thank you,Shima." Shima smiled at you and attacked the demon,while you hung back nervously. The demon attacked Shima relentlessly,while he fought to stay standing. "What am I going to do? I'm useless without a way to fight." You thought.

Shima struck at the demon,missing by a hair as the demon struck at him and sent him flying. "Shima!" You exclaimed. You grabbed a nearby fork for-lack of something else to grab-and hurled it at the demon,watching in satisfaction as it hit the demon's eye.

It howled in pain and focused it's one eyed glare at you. You backed up as it started stalking towards you. "What am I doing? I'm an Exorcist in training! Why am I so useless?" You thought in despair. There was the sound of hasty orders and the other Exorcists entered the building. You smiled as Rin helped you up,careful not to burn you with his unholy flames.

"Thank you,Rin. How did you find out?" You said,tilting your head a little. "I could sense it. These stupid powers sure come in handy sometimes." Rin said with a smile. You nodded then turned and ran over to Shima, trying not to trip. Shima rubbed his head,dazed by the blow.

You helped him up and cleaned his suit up. "Are you okay?" You asked worriedly. He nodded a little and shook his head to clear his thoughts. "I'm okay now. That thing was strong!" He exclaimed. You nodded. "No kidding."

"Atleast you know what Meister you are,though. I have no clue." You said. Shima smiled. "Then I'll help you decide." You smiled. "Really?" He nodded. "Thank you,Shima!" You hugged him and he winced a little. You pulled away. "But first you should probably head to the Infirmary." He nodded.
---------
You closed your eyes in the Infirmary,sighing contentedly. Shima laid next to you,looking out the window. "I really need some sleep." You said,drifting off to sleep soon after.

Author's Note:
I'm so sorry for the long wait!! I meant to get this out a while ago,but haven't had the motivation! I hope all you fabulous readers can forgive me!!

P.S. I hope the chapter isn't too short.