Part 1

"Vidyut... Vidyut....Vidyut..."
The college stadium is echoed with rhythmic cheering of students. Everyone is keenly looking at the person who is bouncing the ball in his hands surrounded by a number of players from opponent team. That person tactically get rid off all the hindrances and scored the basket by throwing the ball into it in a perfect arc.
" Superb... Vidyut... Come on..."
A girl clad in peach long t-shirt and blue denim trousers stood from the crowd clapping her hands high above her head.

Vidyut who just scored for his team passed a victorious smile to the girl and winked. He soon gained his seriousness and concentrated on the game. He was leading his college against their ever-rival college in basketball game.

The girl continued to cheer up her college or more precisely Vidyut. The game is worth watching as by each passing time both teams scored equally.

There was only one minute left to end the game. Vidyut was far away from the basket and was struggling to get the ball from the opponent. He suddenly slapped the basketball in an acute angle and it moved away through the space between the legs of the player who was tapping the ball. Soon Vidyut and his friends get caught of the ball and scored the basket.
"Yeah..."
Vidyut shouted in the happiness together with his team members. They shared a group hug. The peach t-shirt girl jumped in happiness and ran towards Vidyut pushing away the crowd. Vidyut released himself from the team hug and moved towards the girl opening his hands. The girl jumped into his arms embracing him.
"Wow.. Champ. You won." She proclaimed.
"Yes Avi. We won." Vidyut told happily hugging her. Students were going crazy in the stadium, celebrating the victory of host college in basketball championship. Someone pulled the strings of party popper and colourful pieces of papers and glitters fell all over Vidyut and Avni.

****"We need to celebrate this victory

****
"We need to celebrate this victory. Need a party man" Karan, a friend and classmate of both Vidyut and Avni stated.
"Absolutely. We need party. Tell him Avni" Riya the party animal in the friends group poked Avni on her shoulder.

"Give them one yaar. Poor Riya babes! She didn't get a chance to party after last night."
Hearing Avni, the group laughed aloud. Riya made a face.
"Fine... fine. At our usual place Ok?"
Vidyut looked everyone. Karan, Riya, Abhi, Sonal and Avni agreed.

Yes. They are college mates doing the same course; second year BA English Literature of a reputed college in Mumbai.
"Hello.."
Hearing a female voice, the friends gang turned around. A girl was standing there with a bright smile. She was wearing classy outfits. Everyone noticed her eyes twinkling looking at Vidyut. She is also their classmate.
"Hi Juhi" Avni chirpped passing a teasing smile to Vidyut who rolled his eyes at Avni.
" Congratulations Vidyut. You are a fabulous player. " saying this a blushing Juhi forward a red rose to Vidyut.
Karan and abhi suppressed a teasing smile.
Vidyut grinned and awkwardly took the rose from Juhi. "Thank you". He said briefly.

Juhi was on cloud nine with that. She quickly turned around and walked away.

"Aww! So cute she is." It was Avni.
"Yaar.. why can't you talk to her properly. She is so much into you."

"Haa..ha.. you are playing with her heart dude." Abhi supported Avni.

"Shut up guys. She is too naive to be in love." Vidyut said looking at Juhi's retreating figure.

"May be. But she is super rich. The only daughter of business magnet Ram Malhotra. Your future
Will be secured like a fixed deposit Vid..." It was Karan who said this.

" First let her grow up then let's think about it." Vidyut stated his final decision.
"So... it's party time." Avni said.
******

"Hello.. we are here as well. Put a lid on your PDA Abhi..." Vidyut said looking at the love birds in their friends gang i.e. Abhi and Sonal who were being lovey dovey feeding icecream eachother. 

"What's with you man. If you want you can feed Avni. We won't mind" Abhi retorted irritatingly while Sonal tried to hide her blushy smile.

"Oh shut up Abhi... we don't have that vibe. We were together since we are toddlers and have fed eachother many times. We are best friends." Avni told with bitterness in her tone.

"Leave it Avi, he is just pissed off as we spoiled his moment. We don't need anyone's validation on our relation. Do we?" Vidyut piped in to ease the situation.

"Really Vid? You don't have any romantic feelings towards Avni?" Abhi was not in a mood to back off.

"What are you saying yaar.. I mean really you think like this? She is my bestie. It is all because of the movies which potray ' A boy and a girl can never be best friends'. Which is pure absurd " Vidyut air quoted the words.

"True Vid. But what would happen when both of you involve with your respective life partners? You might need to maintain a distance. Would you be able to maintain your friendship like this?" This time it was Riya who posed this question.

"Why not? We will choose life partners who can accept our friendship. Right champ?" Saying this Avni hified with Vidyut.

"That's cool. Anyway it is amazing that both of you are maintaining your friendship like this. Touch wood! "  Karan stated smiling.

"Fine... fine... that was too much to discuss about us. Concentrate on food now." Avni told.

"Avni is right. Come on.. cheers to the victory of our college, cheers to our friendship."
Everybody joined by slightly clinking their mocktail glasses as Karan told this.
****
"What are you thinking Champ?" Vidyut looked at the gloomy Avni. Both were heading towards their home in Vidyut's super bike.
"I was thinking about what Abhi and Riya said today."

"Don't torture your brain with what Abhi said. It's just absurd. You know na many people are jealous of our friendship and some can't even digest it."

"That's right. But what about Riya's words? We will be able to be like this forever na? "

"Don't be silly. We will be like this forever. "

"I have an idea! I will choose the life partner for you and you will choose for me. Then there will be no problem. "

"Avi... I didn't know that you are this much eager to get into a romantic relationship. " Vidyut passed a teasing smile.

"Shut up yaar. I was just.." Avni stopped as she saw Vidyut's smile growing wider in the rear view mirror. She started to hit on his back with her fist. But Vidyut began to laugh out loud.

"You... idiot... I hate you" Avni said angrily.
"Same to you, stupid. Yahoo..." Vidyut shouted with laughter.
*****
To be continued.

Hi all, how is this story? I know all are waiting for Neil's entry. He will soon join us in this story.

Thanks for reading. 
Please vote if you like this story.
llsmth