Part 2

"Kya h yeh? Maa you know I don't like parathas. "
Avni closed the lid of the container which had parathas.
"Avni.. stop your tantrums and have it. What's the problem with parathas. Tasty to hei."
Neela scolded her only daughter while packing lunch for Aashish, her husband and herself.
"I am going. Heytal Aunty might have made poha today. Bye Paa. Bye Maa."

Avni kissed on the cheeks of her father who was having breakfast while reading newspaper and sprinted.

"Avni... Aashish why didn't you stop her?"
Neela chided at her husband.
"Arey.. why would I? Let her go. Uski hisse ki paratha bhi mein khalunga. Ok? Aashish chuckled.

"No way." Saying this Neela stopped Aashish from taking more parathas.
"Ketan has advised you to follow the diet. No more parathas. Have this juice!"

Aashish made a face and Neela smiled looking the pissed off face of her husband.
***
"Aunty... "
Avni's pace came to a hault at the dining room of the house right opposite of her house.
"I knew you would come for breakfast. Aaja bacha..." . Heytal placed another plate on her right side on the dining table .
"Good morning Ketan Uncle" Avni said sitting on her place.
"Morning sweety. You are early today!" Ketan told putting a spoon full of poha in his mouth.
" Yes. What to do the aroma of the delicious poha made by your wife was pulling me so hard."
Ketan and Heytal laughed hearing the dramatic words of Avni.
"By the way, where is our hero? Is he awake or what?" Avni asked finishing her breakfast.
"May be not, our son is not as smart as our Avni." Ketan told.
" True! Let's do one thing uncle. Let's marry him off soon. Then only he will be responsible. Let me see!"
Saying this Avni moved towards Vidyut's room which is up stairs, leaving Heytal and Ketan smiling.
***
Avni barged into Vidyut's room without any warning.
"Helloo.. maharaj please wake up from your never ending sleep."
Vidyut didn't even move. Avni switched off the fan and opened the curtains. She snatched his pillow making Vidyut whining.
"Yaar sone do. Let me sleep".

"Acha... do you want me to call your Dad here?"

"What the...? We are no longer kids to call Dad. What's the time?"

" It's nine and I don't want to miss first hour. Get up..."
Avni pushed down Vidyut from bed and finally Vidyut gave up and went to washroom.

"Uff..." Avni wiped an invisible sweat bead from her creased forehead. Then she heard the vibration of the phone which was on the bedside table.
"Who is messaging you?"
Avni picked his phone and opened by typing the password. They know eachothers password.

"Juhi!" Avni suppressed her smile and opened the chat. It was a picture message saying Good morning. She scrolled through the chat and found many good morning and good night messages.
"Mr. Arrogant! He didn't message back even for once." She mumbled. "No worries. Let's do it today".
She started typing a message back. And pressed sent.

" who messaged me?"
Vidyut came out drying his hair with a towel.
"Juliet!" Avni said biting her inner cheek.
"What?"
"Romeo... your Juliet wishes you every morning. But you being rude, never replied her and caused her poor heart so much pain.." Avni placed her left hand on her forehead turning sideways dramatically and continued.
" I can't see Juliet in pain. So I messaged her for you just like a cupid! See.."
She danced Vidyut's phone screen in front of him.
"Morning ❤❤"
Vidyut read it.
"Cupid nahi Stupid hei tu. Delete it.."
Avni quickly withdrew the phone and hid it her back while Vidyut tried to snatch it.
"No.. you are not getting it. " Avni moved away and Vidyut followed. They played "catch me if you can" for a few minutes and finally Vidyut got hold of his phone. But it was already late because Juhi viewed the message already.
"Shit" Vidyut creased his eyes.
"Don't curse your Juliet.. Vid.. This is your punishment for making me wait. Now get ready fast. I will be downstairs. " Avni smirked.
"You will regret this, stupid. Juliet.. my foot!"
***
It was lunch break at college. Vidyut and Avni were going college canteen to stuff their burning stomach with something delicious.
" Vid.. did you see.. your Juliet was gawking you through out the class." Avni said slightly pushing Vidyut sideways.
"No I didn't." He rolled his eyes.
Avni laughed. But soon her laughter faded and her eyes popped out.
They were at the entrance of canteen. Avni was looking at a particular direction or more precisely a particular person. Seeing Avni's paled face, Vidyut looked at the same direction.
There was boy sitting on the corner of canteen there looking straight at Avni with a smirk on his lips.
Vidyut shaked Avni. " What happened?"
Avni blinked her eyes and looked at Vidyut. Without sparing a second Avni ran out of canteen pulling Vidyut along.
***
Vidyut stopped Avni at college garden.
"Did you see any demon to run like this?"
Vidyut asked Avni in confusion.
"It is almost like that." Avni said trying to catch her breath.
"Who was that? Why did you run away?"
"Will tell you.."

***

A month ago.
It was a musical restaurant where Avni and friends went on a weekend for dinner.
"What happened Avni? Are you missing Vidyut already?" Karan asked wobbling his brows at Avni.
"A sort of." Avni said drawing patterns on the plate with her fork.
"Oh Avni! He went for the basket ball camp. That too for a week and you are behaving like he was married off." Riya chuckled.
"Come on Avni. Cheer up. " said Sonal.
"Look who is talking. She will be the same if Abhi was away." Riya teased Sonal.
They continued having dinner. Suddenly music started at one end of the hall.

Yeh chandsa roshan chehra
Zulfon ka rang sunehra
Yeh jheel si neeli ankhen
Koi raaz hai inme gehra
Taarif karun kya uski jisne tumhe banaya

Avni turned to the direction where she heard the song which is her favourite.

Yeh chandsa roshan chehra
Zulfon ka rang sunehra
Yeh jheel si neeli ankhen
Koi raaz hai inme gehra
Taarif karun kya uski jisne tumhe banaya

There was a man in his early twenties sitting with a guitar. He had a smile adoring his face while singing. He was wearing deep blue denim shirt and a pair of jeans. He was wearing a silver bracelet on his right hand with which he was holding the plectrum. He had lavish black hairs, which shone in the neon light above and long eye lashes. But his eyes were closed. He swayed playing guitar with the rhythm of the song.
Avni stared him without blinking. She didn't heard anything other than the song. A beautiful smile plastered on her lips while enjoying the singing. Suddenly, the man opened his eyes and looked straight at Avni.
"Oops! He caught me."
Avni got flustered. She felt her cheeks heating up and immediately averted her gaze biting her lips.

Ek cheez qayamat bhi hai
Logon se suna karte the
Tumhe dekh ke maine mana
Woh theek kaha karte the

Avni slightly sent her eyes back in the direction of the man. To her surprise he was looking at her only with a tantalising smile. She soon looked away.
"Is he in real?" Avni gulped in surprise.

Hai chaal mein teri zaalim
Kuch aisi bala ka jaadu
Sau baar sambhala dilko
Par ho ke raha bekabu
Taarif karun kya uski jisne tumhe banaya

Yeh chandsa roshan chehra
Zulfon ka rang sunehra
Yeh jheel si neeli ankhen
Koi raaz hai inme gehra
Taarif karun kya uski jisne tumhe banaya...

"Control.. Avni don't look.. don't look" she thought to herself but inadvertently her eyes moved to the singer again. To her surprise he too laid his eyes on her at the same time. She soon turned and drank the liquid, which was in the glass on her left side in one go.
"Hey, easy girl. That was my vodka. By the way you never drink." Karan looked Avni in surprise.

To be continued.

Did you like the update? Please vote and comment.