Part 8

Neil
"Thud"
I jerked from my thoughts. DD and Ali have already got out of the taxi car. From their faces it is clear that they are making fun of me. When did we reach here?  Am I becoming time blind? I smiled like an idiot thinking about Avni again.  Need to get going before another dose of teasing. 
It was an elite  hotel where the program is going to be held. We have got free accommodation throughout the program. That's amazing.  Who is gonna get a chance to stay in this extraordinary place otherwise.  We motioned to the reception and the registration desk. It took 30 to 40 minutes for the formalities. There we met a few more competitors.  Ali as usual indulged in screening the girls over there. Later we three literally dived into our bed in the allotted room. It was a double room with an extra bed and other necessary things like a TV, coffee table and chairs, Wifi, AC, a kettle, tea bags and instant coffee packets. Bathroom was large with shower cubicle and a shelf with essential things like shower gel, bathrobes and towels. And the best thing was the balcony that showcases tantalising view of a river.
Wow! Compared to our rented flat this is something beyond our imagination.
I stood leaning on metallic rail in the balcony and scrolled through my phone. Avni is not online. The status on the chat window shows she was online 6 hrs ago. Isn't she still awake ?

"I am starving! Let's go and eat." Ali's voice came piercing my thoughts.  I went inside the room to see DD making coffee using the kettle in the room.
"I have some fruits and bread with me. The food here may be pricey ." DD said pouring the coffee into three mugs.
"No man! Breakfast is complementary. Skipping a free buffet breakfast is a crime!"
"You sure?" DD asked in disbelief.
"I personally confirmed from the receptionist dude. " Ali rolled his eyes.
"Oh! so you were not flirting with her. Good to know that atleast you are doing something useful." I chuckled gaining an eye roll from Ali.
Soon we moved towards the restaurant.  It was packed as most of the participants of the event were arrived already. But what caught our attention or maybe except Ali's, was  the aroma of delicious food. Ali was right it was a buffet with uncountable dishes. We stuffed our stomach as much as we could. When we reached the room after breakfast we were so tired for practising. 
"I am gonna take a nap. I couldn't sleep well in the train." DD said collapsing to the bed.
"You were snoring so hard that the people  in the entire compartment could  not sleep. Right, Ali?"
"Don't know about others but you were awake through out the night. " Ali smirked.
"Don't start again, ok? Let me get some rest too." I laid backfacing them.
"See his attitude.  He is not willing to tell us anything." Ali raised his voice. 
"Leave it Ali. Why do you want to know what did they talk? You too take rest."
"You people won't understand the pain of a single young man."
I heard DD and Ali talking. I can't sleep. Why Avni is not seeing my messages?

***
Avni.

"Avi..  Is Riya in love with someone?" Vidyut sat next to me. I sighed. Thank God. Vid didn't hear us.
"Y..Yeah. she is." I pleaded with my eyes to Riya to play along.
"What is this yaar? You can't tell him." Riya concurred.
"Cool Riya. I won't tell anyone. But, Avni and I  share every secrets with eachother." Vidyut's words sting hard.  I feel terrible.   I didn't tell him about Neil yet. Will he get angry at me when he comes to know? What if Vidyut had fallen in love with someone? Would he have told me?  But... am I in love with Neil? I like him, I like to talk to him. Does that mean I am in love? Is it too soon to call it love?
"Vid... how do you know you love someone?" I asked involuntarily. It was when Vidyut's questioning eyes met mine, I regretted posing that question.  
"Riya... you should stop confusing her with your stupid ideologies. Avni, You know Riya. She falls in love every now and then. That's just attraction not love."

"Huhh! Look who is talking. You think you are a Love doctor or something? " Riya sulked.
"No. But I have common sense! Avi... this is not the right time to fall in love or something. It is the time to build our career. After that we have plenty of time for love. We may feel attracted to someone but, we shouldn't give much importance to it. " Vidyut's words made a chaos in my mind.
"Why are you talking to Avni like that? You don't like the idea of Avni loving someone? " Riya asked Vidyut but her eyes were on me. I got nervous.  I should end this topic here. This talk is suffocating me to death. Before Vidyut could answer I interrupted. "Vid.. I  forgot my phone at home.  Give me your phone please. I need to check my mail box."
"Really Avni? What happened to you today? You were not clumsy like this. Here.. take it." Vidyut gave me his phone.  I tried to distract myself in his phone but Riya was not taking my hint. She pushed Vidyut again.
"You didn't answer me Vidyut. What will be your response when you know that Avni is in love with someone?"
I silently waited for Vid's answer.
"My response? Of course I will be happy  if she finds the love of her life. But whoever she finds, he should be perfect for her. I don't think she is matured enough to find her love!"

"What? Am I not matured enough?"
"Oh Avi.. you were not checking your email?" Vid smirked.
"You just called me immature!" I glared him.
"No.. I didn't but if you feel yourself like that...." Vidyut paused.
"You idiot! You think you are perfect? Then let me remind you, you are a coward who can not reply properly to your admirer. " I said indicating to Juhi.

"Now, who said that? I am not rude or shy to not respond to my admirers. "

"Not plural baby... singular. Your secret admirer- Juhi."
Vid got nervous for a second and I smiled in my victory.

"That's correct. I have noticed it too. " Riya joined me.
"It is not because I am immature, I don't want to lead her on." Vidyut reasoned out.

I relax as the topic slipped away from my love life. But  whatever Vid told put me in dilemma. Am I attracted to Neil? Is he the right person for me? I don't know much about him. Is it correct to lead on an unknown person. But I feel it is right to talk to him. I feel so happy. Most important thing: Should I disclose this to Vidyut? I know everything about him and he thinks he knows everything about me too. Am I not loyal in our friendship?

To be continued.

Thanks for reading.
Please comment your opinions and vote if you like the update.