Part 3

"Caugh... caugh ...Oh.. I thought...it's just water." Avni said with great difficulty as her throat was burning.
"Have some water babes.." Riya said forwarding some water to Avni. She drank that too in one go.
"What happened to you all of a sudden? Something fishy!" Abhi asked amusingly.
"Nothing... nothing as such.."
Avni said defensively.

"You were staring that singer, weren't you?"
Sonal said with a mischievous smile.
"Who.? " Riya eagerly looked to see the person who made Avni drool over.
The group snapped their faces to the singer, who were unknown to this scenario.
"Avni... not bad. I won't blame you. He is .. hot!" Riya said in a dreamy voice.

"Shut up guys! I was not... drooling or.. whatever. I ...love the song." Avni said curtly.

"Is it so? Then let's check it out. You go and kiss him." Karan declared  and everybody gave a thumps up.
"What the.. why?" Avni eyes almost popped out of her socket.
"To prove that he is not affecting you. Because I saw him eyeing you too Avni. Let's find out the truth." It was Sonal again.

Avni closed her eyes in embarrassment.  "She noticed it!"
"But.. still.. why would I kiss an unknown person?" Avni creased her face.

"Hey come on Avni... it's the dare for you. Everyone, cheer her up". Karan clapped declaring it and everyone cheered.
"Uff.. they are not dropping it. I have to do it otherwise they will eat my head with never- ending teasing." Avni thought
"Fine. I will do it."
Avni stood up from her chair.
"Go girl... you can do it." It was Riya who just finished her 5th shot.
Avni took a long breath and released trying to be relaxed. The single shot she had awhile ago gave her immense confidence. She slowly approached the man who was trying to tune the strings of his guitar for the second song. She stood infront of the man to gain his attention. He looked at her briefly.
"Hey... Your singing was just awesome. You have an amazing voice. I kinda love it."

Avni kissed on the forehead of the man and turned around in a swag. Her hair strands caressed the man's face. He smiled inhaling the sweet scent of her hair locks.
***
"It's him" Avni said sighing.
"Haa..ha..ha..."
Vidyut laughed his heart out. Avni glared him.
"What's there to laugh?"
"Avi... oh my God.. I never thought I will get a chance for revenge this soon. Ha..ha. I dare you bring up Juhi's matter again." Vidyut was not in a mood to stop.
"You too brutus. Here, I am tensed like hell and you are thinking about revenge? "
Avni fumed in anguish.
"Chill Avi. Why are you being so nervous? First of all, why did you run. You could have avoided him or if he came to you, you could have said the truth. Ek bat bata Avni. Why didn't you tell me about him before?"
"Wo... I forgot." Avni looked away.
"That's a lie! Whatever! I am hungry let's go canteen." Said Vidyut with a smirk.
"Let's go somewhere else. I don't wanna face him."
Avni hung her face.
"Seriously? Then I doubt I am missing something. " Vidyut arched his eyebrows.
"I swear there's nothing more."
"Then you are coming to the canteen and that's final." Vidyut ordered.

*** A few minutes ago****

"Are we gonna wait the whole day sitting here?"
Neil sighed in exasperation.
"It's their lunch break, she will reach soon." DD said.
"Don't call me next time. Half of my day is ruined sitting here in vain." Neil groaned.
"Chill bro. It's fun. We can meet new people in this college." Ali who was scanning the surroundings told Neil.
" For your information, what you are doing is not meeting, it's called ogling. I know you are having fun ogling the girls here." Neil glared Ali.
"So? Who is stopping you from having fun?" Ali retorted.
"Arey.. he has become dewana for that dream girl." Said DD.
"Who? That kissy girl in restaurant ?" Ali asked.
"Shut up Ali. Don't call her that." Neil glared Ali.
"Sorry.. that sanskari girl! Ok? Tu na ekdom pagal h. You don't know who she is, what she is and still worshiping her in your mind. What if she is not what you think?" Ali argued.
"Yes, I don't know who is she but let me know her first. I didn't ask for your validation." An irked Neil looked away.
"Ali... stop it yaar. I am here to meet my girlfriend. Keep some decency." DD said.
"Decency my foot" Ali mumbled under his breath.
"There she is.." DD pointed at the entrance of the canteen. Ali and Neil followed DD's eyes and found Sunehri, DD's girlfriend coming towards them.
"Sorry. There was extra class. That's why I got late." Sunehri said apologetically. DD and Ali were listening to Sunehri. But Neil was not.
Neil's eyes glued at the entrance. His heart skipped a beat and his whole body felt a warm breeze. He smiled. There she is... the girl of his heart. Neil felt her lips are still on his temple.
***
Neil came to the fancy musical restaurant where people comes to savour multi-cuisine food with heartwarming music experience. It was owned by his friend Ali's father. Many musicians come there to perform every day evening. Neil being an aspiring musician and singer got a chance to perform that evening. The restaurant was partially crowded. It was beautifully decorated with multicolored fairy lights. At one corner of the hall there was a platform with a drum set, piano and guitar. It was semi dark there. Ali stood behind the drums, where as DD behind piano. Neil walked to the chair behind the mike stand and positioned his guitar on his lap. They were told to play retro songs.
After some testing and pitch adjustments, Neil closed his eyes and plucked the strings of the guitar singing his all time favourite song.

Yeh chandsa roshan chehra
Zulfon ka rang sunehra
Yeh jheel si neeli ankhen
Koi raaz hai inme gehra
Taarif karun kya uski jisne tumhe banaya..

"I can feel someone's eyes on me." Neil thought. He smiled. Being a musician and having good looks he often receives the attention of girls and he is used to it. Some even come and ask for number or flirt with him. But being a little reserved, he turn down such proposals.
Neil slowly opened his eyes and he felt his pupil dilating. A beautiful girl is watching him from the left side table smiling. He could not take his eyes off her. Their eyes met for some micro seconds because the girl turned her face otherside being embarrassed. Neil heart fluttered.
"Oh! I already miss her smile." Neil continued to stare her to see her face again. But she is not looking at him. He began to feel the lyrics of the song becoming real.

Yeh chandsa roshan chehra
Zulfon ka rang sunehra
Yeh jheel si neeli ankhen
Koi raaz hai inme gehra
Taarif karun kya uski jisne tumhe banaya..

Neil felt more connected to the song. Most of the people in the restaurant are not paying much attention. Usually such things are disheartening to Neil. Giving 100% percentage efforts in music yet none even doesn't care is quite discouraging.
But, today his spirit is high. Reason is that GIRL.
Their eyes collided once more making Neil smile wholeheartedly. He ended the first song and was preparing for the next song which is "papa kehte he..bada naam karega.."
Suddenly he felt someone's presence in front of him. Yes... it's her! She was wearing a white frock which reaches upto her ankle and a white and pink floral scarf adored her neck. Neil looked into her doe shaped eyes. They were twinkling like stars.

"Hey... Your singing was just awesome. You have an amazing voice. I kinda love it."

He heard her saying. "Her voice is very alluring" Neil thought. Then he felt a pair of soft lips on his temple. He forgot to breath. He heard someone saying "aww!" Her shiny soft hair strands tickled his face. There was a soothing fragrance which made Neil inhale wanting more. He looked at her retreating figure in drowsy state. She turned back smiling and proceeded to the exit. Neil didn't see anything other than her.

Jab Chalte Chalte Raah Mude
Jab Jugnu Muthi Khol Ude
Jab Nayan Yeh Tode Rule Sabhi
Aur Khulke Karle Bhool Sabhi
Bhool Sabhi Bhool Sabhi

Toh Atak Gaya Hai
Yeh Mann Atak Gaya Hai
Kuchh Chatak Gaya Hai
Yeh Mann Atak Gaya Hai

DD and Ali surprised and looked eachother. Neil is singing a different song, not the one they had practiced.

Toh Atak Gaya Hai
Yeh Mann Atak Gaya Hai
Kuchh Chatak Gaya Hai
Yeh Mann Atak Gaya Hai

***
To be continued
Please vote, comment and share.
Thank you for reading.