Part 9

"Pehla Nashaaa..pehla hummar

Naya pyaar hai naya intezaar

Karloo main kya apna haal

Mere dile bekaraar tu hi bata..

Pehla nasha..pehla khummar"

First intoxication, first ecstasy...
it's a new love, a new wait.
what condition I should get myself into,
tell me, O restless heart of mine.

Neil.

An evening with cool breeze. The stage was decorated with dim lights. Audience waved their mobile flashlights in harmony. Ethereal! No other words can describe the ambiance better than this.
Neil was completely immersed in the emotion of the song he was singing. Why not? This beautiful composition and lyrics have new insight in his life. He is currently going through the intoxication of new love. Avni's face flashed in Neil's mind throughout his performance. DD and Ali also did their best to compliment Neil's singing. There was nobody who doubted their selection in the first round. They were welcomed with huge applause.

"That was awesome man!" DD complemented Neil when they did their signature group hug after the performance.
"Yes. It was different ofcourse good different. Anyway Avni is bringing the best out of you. I must say." Ali remarked with a wink.
Neil gave his blushy boyish smile. Soon some people came to congratulate the trio. Neil sneaked out to check his phone. But someone poked on his shoulder. With a sour expression he turned back slipping his phone in his pocket.
****
Avni.
Avni almost slipped on her feet due to the speed with which she entered her house. Neela widened her eyes at the unusual behaviour of her daughter.
"Why are you late today and where are you running?" Neela looked at Avni being quizzical.
"Ask your favourite. He and his basketball practice!" Avni said gasping climbing the stairs and disappearing to her room.
"Acha! By the way, did you have something?" Neela dismissed her question as she listened to the sound of Avni closing her room.
"What's wrong with her?" Neela thought.
...
Avni.
I carelessly dropped my bag and looked around. "Where is my phone?" I searched for the phone everwhere and found it under my pillow with a drained out battery.
"Oh no!" Without sparing a second I plugged in the charger and switched on the phone.
I was being impatient when the phone showed the booting and as expected it popped up with message notifications from Neil. I opened the messages immediately ignoring other notifications popped up before and after that.

Good Morning

It was sent around 10 AM.

Are you in college?

It was sent around 2 PM.

Hi, I am going for my performance.

Time: 6 PM.
Which means 1 hour ago. If I could come home straight after the class, I would have been able to chat with him and I could wish him good luck. She typed.
Sorry. I got up very late this morning and in the hurry I left my phone at home. All the best for your first song. I know you will have a mesmerising performance.

Is it too sweet? Uff! I should stop overthinking. It's already late and I should send it soon. I stared at the screen for 5 mins hoping that he will come online. But he didn't. He might have left for the program. I sighed in disappointment and left to freshen up locking the phone.

It was when I removed my top over my head I heard the notification sound in phone. Without sparing a second I sprint to my phone.

Say no to monthly account balance! Open a zero balance account with KLM811 and get upto 4% interest p.a. Hurry! Apply now: