Chapter 5: Morning

Gregory awoke on the couch in the living room. He groaned before he walked to the fridge to make a bowl of cereal. Once he was done, he cleaned up the house with supplies he found. He found an old lawn mower and cut back all of the vegetation growth in the garden. Once he was done with everything, the house looked less rundown. He could also see what it looked like from the house. meaning that if someone came, he would know before they saw or heard him.

He cleaned all of the garden tools and used them to pull up the dead flowers and plants. Then he raked the soil until it was soft and slightly damp. He planted some tomato seeds. along with some carrot seeds he found. He used to plant with his mom all the time before she died.

He watered the newly planted seeds. before he threw all of the dusty things in the garbage can. The house was in okay condition from the last owner; all he had to do was tidy up the backyard. He walked into the greenhouse and saw something slumped over. It was an old bear animatronic. He dusted it off and took off the head. There was a cheap-looking Skeleton inside it, at least that was what he hoped it was.

"Probably some old Halloween decoration," Gregory said as he wiped the greenhouse's windows, cleaned them, and tidied them up. He got a ton of pots set up and planted all the food seeds he could find, along with flower seeds. By cleaning the greenhouse, he found several old knives, which he wiped clean.

He used one of them to cut off dead vines around the property. He then tied them into a rope-like structure. For some reason, he thought it might be handy later.

He found a weird old journal in the greenhouse and decided to take a look at it. Inside were just diagrams of the suits of those mascots at Freddie's.

He gently dusted the book out and found a small brass key inside of it. He placed it back in the book. It had a weird bunny mask on it.

Gregory found a ton of beer cans that were old enough to get him some money. So off he set off in a small wagon with a bike down to the general store he had passed before at night. He sold the cans and bike parts, along with any metal parts he did need or couldn't use. In the end, he managed to make 20 bucks.

He went to the local store and brought some more hygiene products along with some pepper spray, flashlights, a sleeping bag, binoculars, and a book on the town's history. He paid with some money he stole from his dead stepdad to get a small meal at a local dinner. There weren't many people there—just a woman with white skin and yellow hair and a middle-aged man with a grease stain on his shirt.

The woman was talking about the history of the company Gregory had heard about, Freddy Fazbears. Apparently, there used to be someone who worked at a place close by and lived in that rundown house, but recently she noticed how it was looking much nicer than before.

The middle-aged man told her it was probably some teens getting some money from the bank to keep it from completely collapsing, and the woman sipped her coffee and nodded.

"See you around Vanessa!' George, the old man, said that Gregory had learned from the town's history books that he was the only guy left who made homemade root beer.

After paying the bill, Gregory went back home and read more about the town's history.