Chapter 6

Picture is of Jace, but I picture him with slightly longer hair (Lucas Garcez)

My nose is throbbing worse than before as I sat in the swing. It got quite chilly and there was strong winds whipping my hair all around my face. I realized I never told Isabelle about Jace and how he isn't human. I still couldn't quite figure out what he is, but I know he's a little different from any type of supernatural creature I've seen.

While sitting on the swing, swaying back and forth, a little girl in a pink dress appears from the woods and walks over to the swing next to me. She hops onto it and starts pumping her feet trying to swing.

I silently chuckle at her attempt to swing. The girl's blonde hair is being blown all over her face by the wind. She blows some hair out of her mouth and pouts.

"I wish someone taught me how to swing," she says, then looks at me with puppy dog eyes. The same look that my youngest sister, Rory, gives me when she wants something.

"Well I will teach you if you want," I say back and settle onto my swing in the proper position.

I teach her how to swing the right way and then look around the park. No one is here except us. I wonder where this little girl came from. She looks about Rory's age, who is 5. She couldn't have possibly come here by herself, could she?

I look to where I saw her enter the park by the woods. Why was she in the woods?

"What's your name?" the girl asks me while jumping off of the swing and landing on her feet about 10 feet away. She walks over to me and stands in front of my knees.

"Jade. What's your name?" I notice it is getting darker. I quickly pull out my phone and check the time. 6:00! Already? I should go back home before my mom starts to worry.

"I'm Chloe King. From the Lunar Blood Pack."

What did she just say? I stare at her green eyes, baffled. This girl is a wolf? I honestly didn't see that coming. I guess it makes sense since she did come from out from the woods and also jumped ten feet off of a swing and landed on her feet.

"Th-that's interesting. Tell me more." Really I didn't care what she said at this point. I was just trying to figure out a way to get out of here without her trying to stop me. Chloe is a young wolf, which means that she most likely is being watched by an older wolf who could be hiding out somewhere around here. And if that older wolf is watching her, then that wolf is watching me too.

I hop out of the swing when I hear branches breaking in the woods. I slowly back away from Chloe and walk toward the sidewalk. I'm so screwed. I forgot all my weapons at home when I ran out.

Chloe heard the branches snap too and twirled around to the woods. She groaned and crossed her arms over her chest. Damn, she's got an attitude.

I see movement and then a shadow appears. Its hard to see what the person looks like because it has gotten pretty dark out. The person steps out and into the light of the park lamps. I make a little gasp that causes the person to look at me.

It's Jace. Jace the new kid who is some supernatural creature. Jace the most beautiful guy I have ever seen. Jace with no shirt on. (My gosh, that's hot).

"Chloe, I told you not to leave the pack boundaries," Jace says to Chloe, also folding his arms over his bare chest.

"You're not my mother, Jace, or my father. You are just my stupid brother." Chloe snaps back at him.

Brother? Then, that means that he's a wolf. But how? If he was a wolf, I would've been able to tell right away.

"I may be your brother Chloe, but I am also the Alpha, which means you have to do as I say."

Alpha?! Jace is an Alpha? Well that explains why I couldn't figure out what he was. Alphas can mask their wolfiness for some reason. But if Jace is an Alpha, and Chloe is from the Lunar Blood Pack, then that means... Oh no.