Chapter 4

Everyone notices my presence once I close the door. I was planning on running up to my room, but I want to know what is going on. Damn me and my curiosity.

The boys let go of Kyle and step away from him. No one talks, or does anything at all. They just look at me, then someone else, then the floor, and then back at me.

Kyle makes the first move, "I'm leaving," he says and grabs his car keys off of the hook on the wall. He walks to the door to leave but I'm in his way.

"What happened Kyle? What did you do?" I ask him and grip his arm so that he can't get past me yet.

Kyle looks down at me and prys my hand off of him. "Ask that asshole," he says and glances at my father. Nick and Tanner groan, knowing that Kyle is trying to cause more trouble by calling my father names. My mother gasps and covers her mouth with her hand. She then walks out of the room with a sob. Yeah, she gets pretty emotional sometimes.

Kyle tries to walk out the door again, but I stop him... Again. "Kyle, please, talk to me." Ever since Trent died Kyle has been a wreck. Even with the two year difference, they were inseparable when they were younger. I felt like I lost a brother, but I wonder how Kyle must have felt. He lost a brother and a best friend. That was what Trent was to him, practically his other half.

"I don't want to talk about it Jade," Kyle shakes his head and shrugs me off of him. He opens the door and walks out, slamming it behind him. I watch him get in his car and race down the street at an unsafe speed. Kyle has always been one for danger and since everything has happened, he puts his life at risk more often than any time before.

My father sighs and walks out of the room going to look for my mother. As he goes, he rubs his eyes with the palms of his hands and I swear I see tears. I have only ever see my dad cry once and that was because of Trent.

As my dad walks out, Zach walks in. He has his headphones on and he moonwalks over to me. He stops his dancing when he sees the serious look on everyone's faces. His slips his headphone off and around his neck.

"Did I miss something?" Zach asks with the cutest, confused face. He looks at each one of us, still confused. We all meet each others eyes and burst out laughing. We can't help it, Zach is just so innocent and clueless.

Picture to the side is who I picture Zach as. (Mitch Hewer)