Chapter 3

"Excuse me?" My eyes widen and my mouth drops open.

Isabelle steps towards me and tries to touch my arm, "Jade, let me explai..."

I step away from her and 'her mate'. Tears are rimming my eyes and my head starts to pound along with my heart. My best friend is mates with a werewolf, and she actually likes him. I definently wouldn't. We were all raised to fight and to kill these monsters, but now Izzy has fallen under their charm.

I don't even realize that I am already walking down the hall away from them. I ignore Izzy's shouts, begging for me to come back and hear her out, and keep walking. I don't stop. That is until I run into someone. My nose smacks into their chest with a sickening crack. My hand immediately shoots up to my face and cups my nose. It's throbbing... And bleeding. Great, just great, now I have a broken nose. This day could not get any better, could it? Note the sarcasm.

"Oh geez, are you okay?" Someone, probably the person with a chest of steel, asks. Two big hands are on my shoulders, keeping me balanced.

I look up into dark brown and golden eyes. Those eyes. I've seen them before. Now I'm looking at the rest of the body that belongs to this person and recognize them. Jace. I sheepishly nod my head and look down at the floor, my hand still on my nose. Heat is creeping up into my cheeks. Damn, I'm blushing... Because of Jace.

"Are you sure? You ran into me quite hard," Jace's hands never leave my shoulders, as if assuring him I'm not going to collapse to the ground. Though I'm not complaining, when he touches me, the sparks ignite and I already feel a little better.

"Yes, I'm fine," I say, sounding like a duck. 

"Ok, good.  I wouldn't want you to get hurt."  Jace is still staring at me and we have fallen into an uncomfortable silence.

"Yeah, well I'm gonna go," I mumble and scurry off into the direction I was previously heading.  When I'm almost at the end of the hall, I glance back to wave goodbye, but Jace is already gone.  Wow, that was fast. 

****

By the time school ended, I succeeded in avoiding Isabelle and her boy toy. 

I decide to walk home instead of taking to car with everyone. We live a pretty lengthy distance away from the school, so I have enough time to just think. 

How could Isabelle be so stupid?!  She knows the rules of being hunters, and she knows what will happen if my dad finds out about  her wolf friend.

My dad is the head Hunter of the group I am in.  He is so dedicated to his job that I know he would have no sympathy for his own kids when I comes to werewolves, so he definitely won't care what will happen to Isabelle.

At age 13 we have a ceremony where we make an oath to never break one of the rules and other crap.  Anyways, during this ceremony we agreed to a statement saying that, "if we break any rule, we will accept any and all consequences."

Once I reach the front door of my house, I notice that the others are already home.  Great.  I'm going to just run up to my room and lock the door.

I put my hand on the doorknob and twist it open when a glass vase comes flying towards me.  I quickly slam the door closed so I don't get hit with it.  I hear it shatter on the other side. 

I race inside of the house to see what is going on.  What if my dad found out about Isabelle?!  Oh, please no.  When I look into the living room, I see my mom crying, Isabelle tearing up, my dad standing with his fists clenched in front of the couch and Tanner and Nick holding my oldest brother Kyle by the wrists and neck against the wall. 

What the hell did he do now?!

Picture is of Manny (Colton Haynes)

Vote and comment!