Chapter 2

I rounded the corner of the school that led to the boys bathroom. No one was in the hallways so it wasn't hard finding Isabelle sucking face with a very tall brown haired guy. I've never seen him before, so like Jace, I assumed that he was fairly new here also. I called out to Izzy, hoping that she would turn around, but she didn't. I took initiative and marched over to her.

"Isabelle," I said and kicked her in the back of the legs. Yeah, I know, I'm mean. Izzy stumbled backwards, losing contact with the guy's mouth. She whipped her hair around to face me, her long hair smacking the face of the boy.

"What?" She hissed at me and crossed her arms.

"Who's she?" The guy that she was kissing behind her asked. Isabelle ignored him and was waiting for me to answer her previous question.

"Izzy, I need to talk to you about something."

"Umm, can't it wait, I'm kind of busy," she said and tilted her head back slightly at the boy leaning against the wall, not looking very happy with me for interrupting them.

"No, it can't wait. Don't let a guy, especially one like him," I gestured towards him, "influence your decisions." The unnamed boy glared at me and his eyes darkened like Jace's during fourth period. Isabelle leaned back into him and he calmed down, his eyes returning to their normal shade of green, but then they turned a bright, glowing blue as he looked down at Isabelle.

Werewolf, my mind called out to me. This guy was a werewolf. I instantly reached into the back pocket of my jeans, grabbing my switchblade. In one swift motion I pushed Isabelle away from the wolf, slammed him against the wall and pressed the switchblade against his neck.

"You move a muscle and I slit your throat," I said and he growled at me.

"Jade, don't," Isabelle begged from behind me. I heard her heels clicking from across the hall where I threw her as she slowly neared me.

"Isabelle stay away. He's a werewolf." I felt him move a little under the blade, trying to get out of my hold. I pushed the knife harder on his neck, enough to cut him a little.

"I know that he's a werewolf, just please don't hurt him Jade, please," Isabelle pleaded. I turned my head slightly to look at her, my mouth ajar with shock. Izzy's eyes were glossy, I could tell that she was about to cry. Izzy has always hated werewolves, almost as much as me, but seeing her about to cry made me loosen the hold on the switchblade and apply less pressure to the wolf's neck. That was a bad idea, because as I did that, I felt two large hands grip my waist and then spin me around, slamming me against the wall. The wolf managed to switch our positions and his black eyes were glaring at me. He was angry.

I remembered I still had the switchblade in my hand, so I slowly brought my hand up behind his head, ready to end his life, but another pair of hands, smaller than the wolf's, grabbed the blade from my grasp before I could. Behind the wolf was Isabelle with my blade. As she threw it across the hall, way out of my reach, the wolf repositioned one of his hands to my neck. Holding me in a death grip, he lifted me off of the ground.

"Manny! Stop!" Izzy shouted. The wolf, who I assumed was named Manny, instantly let go of my neck and dropped me. I crumpled into a ball on the ground and gasped in the air, happy to be able to breathe again. Manny backed away from me and stood behind Isabelle. Izzy rushed over to me and bent down, checking to see if I was okay.

"Get away," I growled at her and pushed her shoulder weakly, not wanting her near me. Looking at her, I know that I hurt her feelings by pushing her away. As I pushed her, Manny growled, showing his long and sharp teeth.

"Jade, please let me explain..." Izzy begged, trying to approach me again. Her eyes were becoming glossy again.

"Fine, you have two minutes before I get up and tell the guys about this," I said and motioned between Izzy and Manny.

Isabelle took a deep breath before she spoke, "Manny is a werewolf." I raised one eyebrow, mentally saying 'no duh.'

Izzy continued, "Manny isn't just any werewolf though, Jade. He is the Beta of the Lunar Blood Pack." My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. The Lunar Blood Pack was one of the biggest packs in the country. I know they are strong and brutal. The Alpha radiates power, and is a mindless killer. My father always said that if we ever were in a fight with anyone from the Lunar Blood Pack, that we would most likely die. Luckily, none of us have been in that situation. We have never confronted this pack.

"Izzy, you knew he was a werewolf the whole time, why didn't you just kill him? Also, with him being the beta of that pack, should make you want to kill him more," I shouted, rising to my feet.

"Jade, I can't kill him," Isabelle whispered and her face turned red.

"Why?"

Manny answered for her, "Because she's my mate."