Ch. 5 Gravity Falls Mall

Talulla walks out of the Mystery Shack with Wendy. She looked at her surroundings and smiled when she felt the afternoon wind breeze blowing her long wavy brown hair. She held her arms out and began to twirl, dancing with the wind and trees.

Wendy stops walking and turns to see Talulla dancing. She softly smiled, thinking that her new friend was unique in a good way.

" Are you a Nature Lover?" Wendy asked, looking curious.

Talulla stops dancing and turns to look at Wendy. " I haven't always been a Nature Lover. But, for some reason, I feel this place is welcoming me home, which is bizarre since it is my first time being at Gravity Falls," She speaks while walking up to the other female.

" The town is Gravity Falls, after all. People do say that the town pulls people in," Wendy grinned.

Talulla amusingly stared at Wendy when she heard the pun. She stood next to her new friend and began to walk with her to a 1964 royal blue Chevrolet c10 truck.

" This is your ride?" Talulla asked while pointing at the truck

" Yup!" Wendy grinned. " It belonged to my Dad's when he was my age. After I got my driver's license, he gifted it to me," She unlocks the truck.

" That's cool. I haven't gotten my driver's permit yet," Talulla murmured. " I do plan on getting one when I get back to California," She softly smiled.

" A Cali girl. That's cool. North Cal or South Cal?" Wendy asked while she and Talulla got inside the truck.

" Northern California girl," Talulla responded. " My hometown is close to Oakland and San Francisco" She grabs the seatbelt and puts it on.

" So a city girl. Very interesting," Wendy grabs the seatbelt and puts it on. " Then again, Gravity Falls is 2-hours away from Portland," She turns on the truck and begins to drive away.

" What's it like living in a small town like Gravity Falls?" Talulla asked while looking at Wendy.

" It's pretty peaceful even though there are usually some exaggerating dramas. I mean, then again, everyone knows everyone in this town. So, gossip will come in this town like wildfire," Wendy responded.

" That's nice," Talulla looks away to stare at the window. She didn't know why, but Gravity Falls somehow made her feel at ease. Unlike her hometown of Piedmont, California, where she usually feels tense.

Talulla grabs her black scrunchie from her right wrist and begins to style her long wavy brown hair into a high ponytail.

Wendy's green eyes blinked when she saw two purple butterfly tattoos on Talulla's right wrist.