Ch. 9 What is that?

After making sure that Barty got fed and burped, Talulla was able to put the infant to sleep on his wooden Moses-style basket. Once she put her head on the pillow, she closed her chocolate brown eyes and fell asleep due to jet lag.

A few hours later, Barty's small body began to move, and he woke up from his slumber, opening his eyes to reveal a cat-like golden color.

" You're awake," A velvety masculine voice speaks, grabbing Barty's attention. The infant sits up and turns to the right, seeing Talulla asleep.

" Bartholomew, really," Barty softly hissed while turning to the left, seeing a purple square creature floating near the bed.

" A thank you should suffice," The purple square creature responded. " I still do not know why you desire to be a human infant," He shook his head.

Barty ignores the purple square creature and turns his gaze to Talulla. " Tad. Something about this human girl pulls me in," He murmured.

Tad looked at Talulla and then at Barty. " Is it because she is a Pines?" He asked, looking curious.

Barty looked at Talulla with mixed emotions. " In the beginning, it was because she is a Pines and has the same genetic mutation as Four-Eyes. However, when I was taking a bath with her, she bore a mark on her neck that made me feel something," He explained.

" Describe this mark for me?" Tad asked while looking at Barty.

" Her mark? Well, it was a diamond shape, and it had a yellow color, which I associate with," Barty responded.

Tad looked at Barty knowingly. " Bill. What you just described was a mating mark. And since it has your yellow color, that means-" The infant cuts him off.

"-She's my mate," Barty looked at Tad in disbelief.

" Yes. I am surprised since who would want an idiot as their mate," Tad sarcastically speaks.

" Hey!" Barty hissed while glaring at Tad. " Now, I have to think of a way to reveal myself to her and keep this body," He murmured.

" Why don't you use a duplicate spell on your infant body and use your actual body to reveal yourself," Tad annoyingly rolled his purple eye at Barty.

Barty's cat-like golden eyes sparkle at Tad's response. " Tad! My dear friend, you are a genius," He grinned.

" I am the smartest of the four of us," Tad merely speaks.

" Help me with the duplicate spell," Barty firmly speaks.

Tad looked at Barty as though he was insane. " Are you going to reveal yourself like that brother of yours has done?" He asked.