Chapter 2 - Apollo

(Author's note: Hey everyone. So since I posted my last chapter, this story started doing like rlly well comparatively for some reason, so thank u sm and keep it up for this chapter. Funny enough, more ppl read chapter 1 than the 2nd part of the prologue, so if ur one of the people who did that then you should go back and read it. The 2nd prologue isn't necessary to read, but things will make a lot more sense if you do. Pls vote the story if you liked it, as cringe as it is asking for it, it's genuinely helpful for me as a writer to know how ppl like what I'm putting out. As always thank you for reading and enjoy hopefully!)

"What are we to each other? I mean me and Artemis? Are we... the same?". It had been a month or so since Apollo had first met Artemis. It had been the first time he had met any dragon besides Knowledgeseeker, and Apollo thought that she was a bit nicer than he was.

"You are both variables. Though if it makes you be quiet, I suppose both of you could be called siblings," Knowledgeseeker responded coldly as they walked to the experiment cave.

"Siblings?" Apollo asked, receiving another angry sigh from Knowledgeseeker.

"As in brother and sister, intrinsically connected by blood, though I suppose neither of you would have any concept of that" Knowledgeseeker spat, reaching the entrance of the cave. Apollo followed in behind him, before stopping near the stone worktop in the center of the room.

As usual, on top of the table lay three glistening syringes, each filled with a serum that was somehow supposed to make Apollo's regeneration stronger. He had asked Knowledgeseeker about the contents of the needles before, but had always been met with nothing more than frowns and growls.

Knowledgeseeker's response filled Apollo with glee. For one, he had something huge and exciting to tell Artemis, and also this was one of the longer conversations that Apollo had ever had with Knowledgeseeker. Maybe he would open up even more! "Wowww, we're connected? I'm gonna tell Artemis that!" Apollo replied.

"Tell her whatever you want", Knowledgeseeker said while picking up a syringe in his claws. He turned the tube, examining it under his focused gaze.

Without another word, Knowledgeseeker plunged the needle into a vein on Apollo's arm, sending a sudden jolt of pain through his nerves, and causing him to give a slight yelp. Soon the sharpness turned into a pounding ache where the injection had entered, while Knowledgeseeker removed it as quickly as he had put it in.

Apollo's arm had felt as if it had been crushed under a mountain of rubble, a feeling that he had become accustomed to after all of the previous sessions he had with Knowledgeseeker. He clenched his eyes and clutched his arm in his other talon trying to squeeze the pain out.

Opening his eyes once again, Apollo looked down at the place where Knowledgeseeker had injected the needle. There was a thin stream of dark red blood trickling down around his arms from his wound. Within seconds, the scales around the injury began to grow once again, stretching around and covering up the bleeding, completely repairing his body.

Just as the pain started to subside, Knowledgeseeker injected the second dose of the serum into his body bringing the aching sensation back. This cycle of injury and recovery continued until Knowledgeseeker had finally finished his physical experiments for the day.

"Let's go", Knowledgeseeker commanded. With nothing more than a silent nod, Apollo stood up on his aching limbs and hurried to follow Knowledgeseeker. Apollo limped the entire way, slowing him down, and causing his talons to scrape along the stone floor creating an ear piercing screech each step he took.

"Stop that", Knowledgeseeker growled, striking Apollo's talons with his tail.

"Sorry", Apollo murmured, being met with a scoff by Knowledgeseeker. The rest of the way there, Apollo made extra sure to lift his talons high off the ground to stop making the noise. Maybe that way he won't make me take as many next time, he thought, filling him with hope.