v. THE PAST REPEATS ITSELF

CHAPTER FIVE
005. the past repeats itself
TELL IT TO MY HEART-
TAYLOR DAYNE

 the past repeats itselfTELL IT TO MY HEART-TAYLOR DAYNE

MAY, 1984.

SUMMER HUNG in the air, breaking apart the dark nights that clouded Hawkins with a blade made from heat and itching teenage boredom. The seasons had switched over the span of one week, and now, there was an energy that pulsed from each student of Hawkin's High. Excitement was secreted from every classroom; enough to fill a pit made of reckless choices and disappointed parent, who were yet to see the carnage 16-year-olds could accomplish in the span of 24 hours. While some spent their time battling an unknown realm, others ( like Addie Thompson ) were entirely too focused on the last few weeks of High school.

The last few weeks she had to solidify her position on top.

It was all she could talk about as she was driven into school- all she thought about that entire year as she slowly hauled her, Heather and Emma up from their measly roles as freshmen, into sophomore royalty. She had concocted the most perfect game plan throughout the two years she's been able to walk the halls, and had driven her stocks up so high, almost everybody wanted a piece of the actions that summer. Emma had been heaved into a healthy number four - with all the benefits and none of the ugly proceedings that got her there - to become a well known, but not exactly feared addition to the top five.

Her school ranking was Addie's pride and joy. The only thing she had, besides the people who had formed alliances with her to get there.

She walked into the school with a strut, flicking her straightened hair over her shoulder as she surveyed those around her. Depsite her age, the older students raked over her body with either appreciation or concern as she scanned every face until she found the one she wished to see. While they didn't exactly get out of her way, there was nobody of any age who wanted to cross her path as she walked. It was almost a sign of respect to Adelade, who had an influence over most of the school in some form.

If she wanted to, she could snatch you from your club - or class - in an instant, throwing you to the wolves that had been waiting for fresh meat.

"Heather." Addie called, almost walking so quickly towards her friend that it became a jog. When she arrived, the girl smiled just enough to see the crinkles beside her eyes - a testament to the joy she felt when she saw the Queen of Hawkins High.

"Hey Ads; I missed you in homeroom."

Heather was always honest around Addie, who'd become the only consistency in her days since moving up from Middle School. The pair were never apart for more than a day at a time - even Addie's mum, as strict as she was, held a space at the table incase Addie was to bring Heather home.